Guns International

Local gunowner's political action group)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klacktor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Hello guys.
    Im very greatful to have found this site where I can converse with my fellow texans about guns and related topics.
    During the day I work as a personal trainer, and in this field I'm able to work with many very interesting and many very successful and influential people in my day to day grind. Let's face it. Amongst them are politicians and elected figures in local politics. In day to day conversation with my more politically active clntele several times the subject of our fleeting second amendment rights and what the incumbency would do to them given free reign. Often times I find these little chats very disconcerting.

Ive decided to begin work on a local activism group that features bi-partisan support for the preservation and upholding of our seconds dent rights. I'm not naive enough to be oblivious to the fact that much of the legislation that threatens these rights comes federally. Having said that I am willing to, and assured that a grassroots effort on the part of citizens will reach the ears that we intend.

What I'd like to achieve with this thread is to get some ideas out and kick them around with like minded individuals.
    Id like to make a presence at local town hall meetings, city council meetings, etc.

I am a died in the wool libertarian, but I'd like to have this effort transcend party lines. I'm sure any democratic following would be sli, but believe me, they're out there. Now I'd love to have all of your thoughts on local meeting places (city and statewide) where we cn have an open forum, create an organized effort, and network through the influential people that many of us are bound to know.
    Gentlemen, the floor is open.
    Venture Surplus ad

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Hmmm... for those members who think that the TSRA has cotton in their ears*, this looks like it could be something we all could make a little more headway with.

*(Bonus, if you see what I did there. )

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I applaud the sentiment....but what we don't need at this point (IMO) is further fragmentation. I would respectfully submit that we need to ALL join TSRA and work from within that organization to refocus some of its' legislative efforts.

Klacktor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I (and I'm sure many others) have no intention of fragmenting anything. That includes reciept of any funds (don't need em.) or distracting any TRSA members from any TRSA involvement. To me thats like saying tea party fragments the republican party. While not all views are cohesive, believe me they all ffunnel into the same greater entity.

(I am also a member and don't plan on having any less involvement based on any other affiliation, currently enumerated of otherwise.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I would respectfully submit that we need to ALL join TSRA and work from within that organization to refocus some of its' legislative efforts.

Done. I am now a TSRA member. I've been a GOA member for about 6 months. So that's 2 now. I plan to join the NRA next month (backwards, I know). I just literally never have the extra $20-$30 bucks to contribute to organizations like this. But figured that since I enjoy the freedoms of the 2nd Amendment only in a large part due to the fact that organizations like this fight every day to defend it, its only the right thing to do.

EDIT: 9/15/2012 - I am now a member of the NRA. Just felt like telling y'all that. I feel "complete" now. Ok maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration lol...but basically, I can't stand the Brady Campaign, and anything that pisses them off, is a good thing if you ask me. I've pretty much figured out they are not the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, but instead, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Ownership. So now I can say I am no longer just a gun owner complaining about the ruthless barrages of assaults on the 2nd Amendment, but now a member of three pro 2A organizations, GOA, TSRA, and NRA. I have a 1 year membership to each.

Top Bottom