DK Firearms

Local place to buy Powder and bullets (San Antonio)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I am just getting into reloading for my pistols, mainly .40 and .45 and was wondering if I could buy supplies locally or if I will need to do mail order. If I have to do mail order, any suggestions for a place to buy from?

I have all the equipment needed, so I just need powder, bullets, and primers...

Thanks
    TD
    Guns International

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Thanks! I didn't realize that Cabelas carried any of it, and I sure don't mind the drive... I am always looking for a reason to go.

The Powder and primers are on the far right of the gun counter. What ever you do look up the prices online 1st. I went in the other day to get some Berry's boolits that were listed on there website for $23.99 and they rang it up for $29.99.Tell them to look up the online prices for you. Sometimes I go straight to the Customer Service Counter. Also sign up for their club awards card which adds up pretty good after awhile. Sign up here and they will mail it to you. Cabela's: Cabela's CLUB

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Your far better off to work up a good order and use powder valley, powder selection and bullet selection is poor at Cabelas, if you want a particular powder always call before driving to Buda. Cabelas only works for me if I want to try a new powder and they have it on hand.
    If your loading for handguns try Zero bullets, powder vally carries them or you can order direct, If cost is a factor ordering is the only way to go "in bulk".

Roze Distribution, Inc. - Zero Bullets and Ammunition

Pocketfisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    If you're in Kyle, it's only another 15 miles to McBrides in Austin at 29th and Lamar. They have a very good selection of bullets, much better than Cabelas.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Nagel's has tons of reloading stuff in the back; not sure how good the prices are. I'll try to dig up the number of the guy who sold me my reloading gear at the last SA gun show; his prices were good and he's local.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    You might also check garage and estate sales for reloading stuff. I can't promise anything but ive seen it happen before!

I scored a ton of reloading gear from garage sales when I lived in CA.

For powder/primers, if your only doing a pound or two, or a few thousand primers, its worth the drive to Kyle. For bulk, its hard to beat powder valley.

Bullets, I order Direct from berrys. Yes its more expensive, but there always in stock (unlike zero, or PV inc) and there customer service is top knotch. They usually throw in a sample pack if you ask nicely.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Bexar range in Marion has a nice reloading room(right accross from the cash register behind double doors, mostly powder, but carries primers as well. Really good powder selection and pricing.

hubiedo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    san antonio
    A new place that my brother and I found by accident is Lone Star Loading. They have all kinds of powder, primers for rifle, pistol, shotgun including shot shell components, lead shot, wads etc. The prices are great. They have Remington, Winchester, Hogdon, Alliant,IMR and more. They are located in Boerne just noanorth of San Antonio off of IH 10. The guy is great to deal with.

www.lonestarloading.com

Top Bottom