• ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    wallbang.gif

No matter if it's a gun, ammo, or other.

It's just the right thing to do!

The close/open thread control is in the Administrative tab in the upper right of the OP.
    DK Firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I wish I could lock this thread. Glockster, you whine too much.

I do wish people would lock their threads when sold though. I guess I will let this one slide.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I would also add, stop deleting posts, prices, etc. That's useful info for other buyers and sellers to get a feel for the market.

Oh yeah, and people need to stop freakin chatting in classified threads! It keeps bumping those posts to the top, and pushing other classifieds off the first page. When someone is just rambling on with BS like "I wish I could afford that" or "Cool gun!" all it does is hurt progress for other sellers.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Ok. I guess I am the only one who doesnt understand why. If the OP changes the title.to.say sold and adds a post saying the same, what good.does closing it do?

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Ok. I guess I am the only one who doesnt understand why. If the OP changes the title.to.say sold and adds a post saying the same, what good.does closing it do?

By any chance did you type this with a Samsung Galaxy note? I always have those periods with this note I have when trying to hit the space key.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

Every single time a person posts in a thread, it bumps that thread to the top of the first page. Like I said, this keeps bumping everyone else back. Lately, we've had multiple threads running simultaneously with people just chatting, having fun discussing things in classified threads. What they may not realize is those 3, 5, or however many threads keep bumping other threads back so other people are not getting the best shot at selling their stuff. I'm sure we could do a study and find that there is a certain percentage of dropoff with people viewing the classifieds, how many actually go to the 2nd page and beyond, and how many don't, and how it affects these people who's threads keep getting bumped down. Doing the due diligence of marking an item sold and locking the thread means it is definitive whether that item is sold, and it is one less chance for someone to bump people's threads back. Even if someone has a question on an item, and it has been sold and the thread locked, they can always ask the seller/buyer through PM's.

By the numbers, there are 20 lines on the classifieds pages for threads. On average, we have a good 6,000-8,000+ people visiting this site every single day, and lately the numbers have gotten nuts like 10 or 12,000 here and there, with nearly 20,000 one day. Imagine if just 1% more of our visitors decide to start utilizing the classifieds more, posting their stuff for sale or WTB ads. Imagine if that 1% over what we have currently, is people chatting away in classifieds threads. Now all of a sudden you might not be getting bumped to the 2nd page, maybe they're getting bumped to the 3rd page, the 5th page, never to be seen again by anyone. The answer is, it's just not fair, which is exactly why the rules are what they are.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

I have never been able to edit a thread title W/O an admins help.
    Am I missing something?

If the item sold and you came in to mark it as such, you should go ahead lock it at the same time so others aren't wasting their time. A few others have mentioned that's their preference too.

GKC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    San Angelo, Texas
    I have never been able to edit a thread title W/O an admins help.

On my recent ad, I was able to edit the thread title by using the "Go Advanced" feature. Maybe it was a fluke, but the edit showed up. On other forums, I have edited the thread title (using the "Go Advanced" button), and while it does change the title on the first post, it doesn't change the title on the thread when you view it in the list of ads.

This is the only forum I have seen where you can lock your own thread...I think it's great to be able to do so.

Top Bottom