Lonestar Run and Gun (TX Biathlon)

Discussion in 'Training & Competition' started by equin, Nov 18, 2017.

1. equin

equin Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Anyone participating in the Lonestar Armory Run and Gun in Cresson (SW of Ft. Worth) Feb 24 and 25?

https://texasrunandgun.org/2018-lone-star-armory-series-opener-run-and-gun/

It’s supposed to be around 5 to 7 miles long with some obstacles thrown in, but walking is allowed. I signed up for the Saturday morning heat. It’ll be my very first “biathlon.”

Charlie Primero likes this.
  2. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    If love to do something like that but on a mountain bike in some sort of terrain

3. equin

equin Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I remember seeing online a mountain bike type of biathlon event in Texas a few years back. I don’t remember the particulars nor do I remember exactly where it was held, but it sure sounded interesting. I tried googling it but couldn’t find it. I’m guessing it’s no longer offered.

The running type biathlons seem to be slowly gaining in popularity. There’s the Pecos Run and Gun in the summer time, an Oklahoma Run and Gun near Pawnee, the one held at Waco Tactical Fitness, the one near Free, southwest of San Antonio, and a few others in other states. I could be wrong, but it seems like Texas hosts the bulk of them.

4. Sam Colt

Sam Colt Active Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
  5. STXdevilsquid

STXdevilsquid Active Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Looks like fun, I might do it.

6. equin

equin Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I think the Saturday heats are sold out, but there were still some Sunday heats open last time I checked. If you miss this one, the next one in the Lonestar series should be in Waco at Waco Tactical Fitness. There may even be others in Texas not within that series, though.

7. robertc1024

robertc1024 Not That Guy TGT Supporter

Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm glad you posted that. I saw them a couple of years ago, but after I started running again it looks like fun.

8. equin

equin Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I’m not a runner by any means. In fact, I find it kind of boring. But training for something like this tends to make it much less boring!