• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2bnag

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    northeast texas
    Howdy All:
    This past weekend I visited my son who lives in Austin. On Saturday, we drove out to Best of the West shooting range and had some long range fun. If you are a first time shooter, you have to put 3 shots on target at 250 and 500 yards before the range officer will clear you to shoot the 750 or 1000 yd targets.
    After demonstrating safe shooting at 500 yards, we were cleared to shoot out to the 1000 yard steel targets. The 750 yard targets are sillohette knockdowns that reset automatically. The 1000 yard targets are the rectangular swinging type. The wind was a bit of a factor at 1000, but we managed to hit a few.
    The biggest mystery for me, though, was that according to my sight settings, the 1000 yard targets were actually at about 970 to 980 yards (still trying to figure that out).
    All in all, it was an awesome good time and if you are around the north Aistin area, definitely plan on stopping in at Best of the West and give it a try.
    Gun Zone Deals

balloo93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    I went there last month for the LaRue shoot. Nice range and lots of different distance options.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I wish the larue targets were not $3000.00 .. I have silhouettes that I shoot long range.. But if they "knock down" it sure is a PITA to go down there and put them back up :)

Top Bottom