• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    i would like to organize a long range rimfire meet at bexar sometime in the not so distant future. this is going to be a preliminary thread checking interest for the next 20 days or so. maybe sooner
    i would like to set up some 100 yrd paper and steels, some 150 yrd steels and one or two 200 yrd steels. post up with some questions or comments.
    post what caliber, semi or bolt, how many you would like to compete with (i think i will limit it to two rifles)
    pm if i left you out or with questions or with comments.
    more details will come as time goes on.

mastertech - .22lr semi - 10/22
    texasislandboy -
    zembonez- .22lr semi -10/22
    texas1911- .22lr semi - 10/22
    sig_fiend- .22lr semi - 10/22
    matefrio- .17hmr
    san antone RR- .22lr - 10/22
    Lynx Defense

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    great. i would allow for practice time. (you never know what the weather will be like and you need to learn the rounds you have avail for that day)

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    call all your fellows and get them on board. i will be contacting bexar for prices on a group buy, or reservation. (we may not need to reserve the range depending on how many folks show up)

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    first off i am going to need know what caliber you would like to shoot and if its a semi or bolt/single action and how many rifles.
    right now it will only be .22 lr unless we get 5 or more of another similar caliber. (ie.- .22mag .17 hm2, .17hmr etc)
    now i will make a running list of the potential participants in the first post.
    i organized events but not shooting. i will appreciate some opinions and offers for help if you so incline.

I'm game ...
    sweet!

Sounds awesome. Count me in!
    thanks!

.17 HMR allowed?
    potentially

damn it. Now i gotta go buy a .22
    bring it. there are plenty of great options out there.

I have a bone stock 10/22 I bought a couple of months ago. Guess I at least need to put a scope on it.
    please do. i like small groups but i have a passion for rimfire and would like to meet as many rimfire folks as possible.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'll be shooting one of Alan's .22lr's for now, either his Savage TRR or 10/22. I'll gladly help out however I can. I can gladly help organizing if you'd like, or with setup, or whatever is needed. Main thing I would be concerned about is finding a range that's dynamic and will let us do our own thing, like setting up lots of targets over a large variety of distances, having an entire range bay to ourselves, etc.

You know, another thing I'm extremely interested in us getting going sometime is IDPA style, 2 gun/3gun style stuff BUT specifically for .22's. Not necessarily for actual scores, but mainly just for fun, and possibly a bit of competition to win some inexpensive, simple prizes. More run n gun stuff. All the centerfire competitions like that are great, however it gets expensive quick. I think it would be a great way to also ease beginners into run n gun type sports. There's plenty of static bullseye style stuff for .22's out there, but I haven't seen anything specifically for action pistol or multigun type stuff. I think that would attract a ton of people since nearly everyone has a .22, and it's CHEAP! ;)

mastertech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Schertz
    I'll be shooting one of Alan's .22lr's for now, either his Savage TRR or 10/22. I'll gladly help out however I can. I can gladly help organizing if you'd like, or with setup, or whatever is needed. Main thing I would be concerned about is finding a range that's dynamic and will let us do our own thing, like setting up lots of targets over a large variety of distances, having an entire range bay to ourselves, etc.
    i will be contacting bexar soon. i have had a good repport with them for a long time and have set up steel many times. i have also been able to place pistol targets in various locations and do tactical walk throughs with my shot timer (as long as everyone at the fireing line was on board) now the limit has generally been non jacketed rounds only on steels.

You know, another thing I'm extremely interested in us getting going sometime is IDPA style, 2 gun/3gun style stuff BUT specifically for .22's. Not necessarily for actual scores, but mainly just for fun, and possibly a bit of competition to win some inexpensive, simple prizes. More run n gun stuff. All the centerfire competitions like that are great, however it gets expensive quick. I think it would be a great way to also ease beginners into run n gun type sports. There's plenty of static bullseye style stuff for .22's out there, but I haven't seen anything specifically for action pistol or multigun type stuff. I think that would attract a ton of people since nearly everyone has a .22, and it's CHEAP! ;)
    thanks for all the offers. i will most likely be contacting you soon to gain some input and suggestions. the idpa style stuff will be difficult for find a range for (but a whole lot of fun). there seems to be a lot of ranges with liability concerns. but i agree that would be a very attractive event on so many levels. for now i personally need some kind of rimfire fun.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The sweet thing is there are a ton of new .22's out that are more comparable to real centerfire stuff. There's a number of new .22 1911's around the $250-350 range (the ATI/GSG version is excellent!), the excellent M&P15-22 rifle, the M&P22 handgun is coming out, Glock conversions of course, ISSC Glock .22 replica, GSG .22 AK, GSG and Umarex .22 Mp5's.....and the list goes on.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom