• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longhorn1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    texas
    Longevity Tigweld 200DX Vs. Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Does anyone know the comparison between these 2 welders because I am seriously considering buying one of the two but can not decide on which one so if you the pros and cons of these or have any other info please be sure to let me know
    Capitol Armory ad

Bultx1215

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Bulverde, TX
    OK, the best way I can describe it is you are comparing apples to elephants. Miller will win every day and night. Go with them and never look at the Chicom box again and you will do fine. I heard of a guy that was doing an endurance deal with the chicom boxes....they didn't make it very long. The Chicoms have a terrible track record as regards customer service, parts availability or even functional machines at delivery. Some have gone through two or more machines before they get one to work. There are tons of examples posted on Welding Web.

Miller on the other hand will back their machines 24/7. You can actually talk with the engineers that designed the units or even set up the weld parameters with the machines...in addition to the customer service techs. All of whom know the units inside and out. You'd be lucky to get anything out of Simon that even remotely resembles 1/1000th of what Miller will give you. Service is available nationwide as are parts. You can go anywhere and get both, while Simon is your only outlet with noLongevity. You may not be dealing directly with Simon, which would only make it worse as he is the US outlet..all others will deal with him only. Its about the furthest thing from an ideal situation you can imagine.

Spend your money anywhere but the chicom welding boxes. Miller and others will always beat them squarely. I have used the Dynasty 300 and 350's and they are super sweet units. I'm told the 200 is much the same, just smaller and less output. Remember, you will always get exactly what you pay for...Miller quality will cost you at the onset and pay for itself in the long run while the chicom lack of quality, while cheap at the onset, it will cost more in the long run in downtime and eventually a toasted machine.

longhorn1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    texas
    Longevity Mig Welder Is My Decision

I decided to go with underdog longevity and it seems to be working fine for me along with a 5 year warranty just in case something goes wrong

Attachments

• CAM_0059.jpg
      CAM_0059.jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 97
    • CAM_0095.jpg
      CAM_0095.jpg
      6.4 KB · Views: 90
    • MIG Weld Photo.JPG
      MIG Weld Photo.JPG
      58.4 KB · Views: 89
    Top Bottom