looking at buying a Crossbreed Super Tuck.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGCOUNTRY01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Amarillo
    Im looking at buying a crossbreed Super Tuck holster. Ive heard a lot of great reviews about it being one of the most comfortable Inside the Waist holster. Ive got a Smith J frame that i carry and i love it because it is more concealable then most and im a wheel gun guy. Does anybody in here use the crossbreed super tuck? How do you like it? Ive got a Galco Kydex inside the waist holster its great but it is very uncomfortable. It tears my back up when riding in the truck and my truck rides like a log wagon to begin with. Ive also got an outside the waist leather galco holster but i have no way of concealing it. Im 6'6 so finding a shirt long enough to cover it is almost out of the question.

Pug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    NE Fort Worth
    I've used the Supertuck with a Colt Combat Commander for two years. I got the horse hide upgrade as it was promoted as more comfortable in TX heat. Frankly, I love it. It was a bit more pricey than some other options, but not regrets.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I've been using the CBST for a year now. I wouldn't have anything else. Don't forget to get a belt with it also. Excellent quality, fair price, great warranty.
    You can't go wrong!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Houston
    I love mine. I've carried an XD45 compact tactical in it for a year and a half and it's great. Great quality, great warranty and I've even taken advantage of that warranty. I had some cracking in the kydex after about a year and sent it back and one week later had a brand new one. I got the standard cut with the horsehide option since it's recommended for moisture and there's plenty of that in Texas especially since I sweat a lot.

Up until recently, I've always worn it with some sort of under shirt, usually a wife beater. On rare occasions I've worn it directly next to my skin and it's still very comfortable. I'm 6'4" 250lbs and wear it at 3o'clock with a bit of forward cant. No issues in my truck or any other edc situations and the gun pretty much disappears.

The only other IWB holster I have is a Crossbreed clone and it's pretty good quality and less expensive but not as confortable.

On another note, I did my own combat cut on my supertuck and it makes for a much better draw and didn't affect my warranty. Pics below

And as Dave stated, get a good belt. I have a Crossbreed belt and a Cabela's double duty. Both are great.

This was my original setup prior to the combat cut and warranty replacement. I also had it with one standard metal clip and one j-hook:
    DSCF3340.jpg

This is my current setup:
    DSCF3607.jpg

DSCF3613.jpg

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I have been carrying a Colt Defender in a horsehide supertuck for about a year. Hands down the most comfortable holster I have ever tried.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Houston
    I've like my Kholster for my PF9.

Service and warranty are top notch.

I carry my Glock 27 in a Kholster and I'm very happy with it. It's actually a Kholster for a 23 but fits nicely. I also have one for my XD45 as a alternate/backup to my Supertuck but I don't like it as much. With the cant I like, the clips are too close together because of the holes being on a curve so I can never get it to the same sweet spot as the Crossbreed. I recently ordered a Kholster specifically for the 27, the Cresent model, and it seems like it's wider than the one for the 23, the Full Moon. I have yet to cut it to my liking since the one I'm using now is doing just fine.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Does the combat cut feel any less comfy compared to the standard model?

On a polymer gun you don't really have issues with the gun touching you, and if you do, you can just wear an undershirt. If you have aggressive textures you won't want them touching you and you'll need the wider guard.

The purpose of the combat cut is to cut away the backing so that you don't contact the holster on the draw which can give you a sloppy purchase on it. I recommend the combat cut, but not omitting the sweat guard on an IWB gun. The serrations on the slide tend to grab skin pretty easily and it doesn't feel good. If you move to an OWB setup you don't really need a sweat guard as the gun isn't pushed into your side as much.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I would look at the quick clip for your j frame, I have one of those for my snub and like it.

I never waited 6 weeks, mine came in about 20 total days.

Horsehide is best for down here. I custom cut my CBST for my XD to my personal liking. Now that I am thin enough to actually wear mine correctly I love it!

Blackthorne

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Houston
    I have a Supertuck for my G19 and its great, ive never had an issue and thats with the standard leather...i would stay away from the combat cut stuff though IMO if you need that much extra purchase then carry OWB

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    As far as IWB goes, the CBST and CompTac MTAC are 2 of the best I've found. I ended up going with the MTAC myself, but I got to try a friend's CBST awhile back and found that they are both about the same comfort. Honestly, you can't go wrong either way. They are about as comfortable as it gets IWB.

Red78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    San Antonio
    I own two CBSTs, and just ordered a third last week. One of them was cowhide - I do not recommend it, the inside is very rough. Horsehide is the only way to go, IMO.

I also got one of their OWB holsters, and they are good, too, as far as function goes. However, the kydex part had a thin piece of leather glued over it to give it a solid leather look. It started peeling, so I just took it off. It looks like crap now, but still functions well.

Bottom line - for IWB, the Super Tuck Deluxe is a great holster. There is essentially no break-in time, it's comfortable the first time you use it. For OWB, I would recommend searching for something else - there are a lot of good OWB holster manufacturers out there.

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy
    I have a couple of Supertuck's, including one for an SP-101 (about sames size as J-frame -- but heavier). Very comfortable -- especially for the SP-101.

Aggie1994

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Cypress
    DSC02950.jpg DSC02966.jpg DSC02963.jpg

I've had my CBST for only about a month, but I've been very happy with it. I got the horsehide option without the combat cut. I also purchased the j-hooks but I don't use them. Great fitting for my P225 and very comfortable!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom