• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    Hey guys I’m looking for some 9mm ammo for training and range purposes , I’m specifically looking for both 124 grain and 147 grain. I already have defense ammo which I will show in a picture below.
    Guns International

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpeg
      IMG_2596.jpeg
      271.7 KB · Views: 24

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Hey guys I’m looking for some 9mm ammo for training and range purposes , I’m specifically looking for both 124 grain and 147 grain. I already have defense ammo which I will show in a picture below.
    I'll agree, the laws pertaining to purchasing pistol/rifle ammo can be asinine but are you asking forum members to do something illegal on a public forum?

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    I'll agree, the laws pertaining to purchasing pistol/rifle ammo can be asinine but are you asking forum members to do something illegal on a public forum?
    I made sure to try to find out if this was illegal or not and I can’t find anything saying it is illegal , a lot of people have been bought ammo due to age , that 9mm HST was bought for me as well.If you find something saying it’s illegal send it to me because as of right now I don’t know if it’s illegal or not.
    But in this post I’m not asking anybody to buy it for me I’m just asking to see if anybody has ammo laying around that they don’t plan to use or plan to sell.

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    Practice & train with what you plan on using for defense. No reason to be surprised in a high stress situation of recoil, report or muzzle flash. Not to mention how the self defense ammo shoots from your gun.point of impact could be way different.
    Thank you for this , I’ll get more of my self defense ammo as we speak !

Last edited:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I made sure to try to find out if this was illegal or not and I can’t find anything saying it is illegal , a lot of people have been bought ammo due to age , that 9mm HST was bought for me as well.If you find something saying it’s illegal send it to me because as of right now I don’t know if it’s illegal or not.
    But in this post I’m not asking anybody to buy it for me I’m just asking to see if anybody has ammo laying around that they don’t plan to use or plan to sell.
    I'm not a lawyer but I am a forum member that sees you admit to not being allowed to buy 9mm ammo from a dealer in person so you place a WTB ad here. Kinda sketch.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    From the ATF

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee?​

Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of state or local law. However, if state law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1) and (b)(2); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]
    Last Reviewed April 12, 2022

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Save until you're old enough to legally order it online and buy by the case.
    Hell I had money for cases of 7.62 when I was 18. Some people actually raise their kids instead of farming them out to a college for communist indoctrination.

Really all one needs is a credit card to order ammo online has been my experiences.

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    I'm not a lawyer but I am a forum member that sees you admit to not being allowed to buy 9mm ammo from a dealer in person so you place a WTB ad here. Kinda sketch.
    That’s understandable I did not mean to sounds sketchy as I was just looking for some ammo , only reason I posted this was because I’ve seen some on sale at Texas gun trader and they never ask me to verify my age for it so that’s my fault.

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    From the ATF

Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee?​

Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of state or local law. However, if state law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

Thank you for this information!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    How much would the case cost ? Around 200-500? Depending on ammo right ?

Last 9mm I bought was $169/1000 delivered, but that was quite a while back.

Now, for 9mm, you'd be lucky to get it for $240/1000.

ETA: Be sure to buy brass case.
    Many ranges, that's all you can use.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2020
    North of Dallas
    From the ATF

Just for the sake of discussion, I believe this is federal law that applies to FFLs. I think Texas law is 18-and-up for ammo purchase.

Lxg2011

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2024
    Texas
    Last 9mm I bought was $169/1000 delivered, but that was quite a while back.

Now, for 9mm, you'd be lucky to get it for $240/1000.

ETA: Be sure to buy brass case.
    Many ranges, that's all you can use.
    Sounds good , thank you again for this information! And thanks for clarifying what I can use on the range that is new information to me so I really appreciate it !

Top Bottom