Patriot Mobile

Looking for a 1911 expert in San Antonio...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So I've decided I will entertain this urge I've had and put a foot into this world of the M1911. I am wondering where I can get some 1911 work done here in San Antone. Stuff like new triggers/ hammers ambi safety's and other various drop in's that may need to be fitted. Nothing to crazy, yet. 1911 guys, who do you use in town? Do you tinker and fit on your own? Is there anyone in town that does great work for a fair price? Should I get in the mindset of smithing and tinkering on my own through trail and error? ...whew that will be expensive... talk to me folks, what are you doing?
    DK Firearms

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Go to community on top of the forums and look up Ranger60. He used to live there and he knows somebody that supposed to be one of the best in the nation. Might have to PM him.

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    Ho Guns Sporting ‎7914 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78251-1487(210) 521-2288‎ Havent had alot of work done there but go buy and talk to him I would trust him with my guns

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Ho Guns Sporting ‎7914 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78251-1487(210) 521-2288‎ Havent had alot of work done there but go buy and talk to him I would trust him with my guns

Yep, word is that Wayne's gunsmith Chris (I'm pretty sure that's his name) has the "magic touch" when it comes to pistols. I work with a 1911 buff, and have a few of them myself, and Ho Guns is where both of us plan to go if we ever need any work done...

Cheers! M2

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yep, word is that Wayne's gunsmith Chris (I'm pretty sure that's his name) has the "magic touch" when it comes to pistols. I work with a 1911 buff, and have a few of them myself, and Ho Guns is where both of us plan to go if we ever need any work done...

Cheers! M2

I am going to swing by the shop today and look around, I have to admit after reading some of the reviews that were left about this shop and this guy Wayne, I am a little skeptical. I have always been the type to "go see for myself" so I won't let the comments of others discourage me. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for your recommendations.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I only buy handguns that are factory fitted with what I want.

Even with long guns I only add lights, sights, etc.

I guess I have some unwarranted concern about non-factory modifications......

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I hear you txinvestigator, usually I do the same but I really liked this gun... everything except the sights! If I can get those fixed and maybe some polishing done on the in-ards, I will be all set.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am going to swing by the shop today and look around, I have to admit after reading some of the reviews that were left about this shop and this guy Wayne, I am a little skeptical. I have always been the type to "go see for myself" so I won't let the comments of others discourage me. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for your recommendations.

Wayne can put some people off. There are a lot of folks who "hang out" at his shop and sometimes he gets distracted in conversations; but he is a good guy and his 'smith does exceptional work.

I have twice been by there for some minor repairs and Wayne instructed me as to how to fix the weapons myself. He is not off helping someone out instead of making money off of them. He also is a supporter of the River City Shooters.

If it's busy when you go by and Wayne doesn't immediately recognize you, get to the front of the counter and get his attention. He is a friendly and helpful person, it's just that his shop can sometimes be more of a hangout for folks instead of a store.

And let us know how it goes!

Cheers! M2

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wayne can put some people off. There are a lot of folks who "hang out" at his shop and sometimes he gets distracted in conversations; but he is a good guy and his 'smith does exceptional work.

I have twice been by there for some minor repairs and Wayne instructed me as to how to fix the weapons myself. He is not off helping someone out instead of making money off of them. He also is a supporter of the River City Shooters.

If it's busy when you go by and Wayne doesn't immediately recognize you, get to the front of the counter and get his attention. He is a friendly and helpful person, it's just that his shop can sometimes be more of a hangout for folks instead of a store.

And let us know how it goes!

Cheers! M2

Thats good to know, the majority of the comments were of folks being ignored so that makes a lot of sense. In ref, to the RCS, I have heard this club mentioned before at the Black Hawk... whats the deal with them? Any of you fine folks belong to this outfit?

Top Bottom