These are $49.95 @ the A G Russel webiste

Reactions: gll

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Pretty sure that is not heavy enough to deal with bison or elk bone
    Well, this one doesn't look bad for the price... $28.95. Claims 5mm thick 7Cr17mov and 1.61 lbs... I'm sure it's still shit compared to the custom handmade beast you're gonna get!

KITORY Meat Cleaver Heavy Duty Axes Shape Super heavy and thick Bone Breaker Professional Butcher’s Knife Traditional Forged Cleaver Kitchen Knife for Slicing Meat/Cutting Bone -K1 https://a.co/bmLUcRU

51tufGJrSMS._AC_SY1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    >

I could show you several smaller ones.

As a former Surgeon and reformed ex-deer hunter; the “hunting knives” commonly encountered look absurdly large to me,

see:

View attachment 357171
    Aren’t these cute ?

leVieux
    No. In a thousand years when someone finds the cleaver GZ is making for me I want the speculation on the person that used it to be this in the minds of the archeologists
    1668947114501.jpeg

Not this:
    1668947155989.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Pretty sure that is not heavy enough to deal with bison or elk bone
    Battery powered sawzall was in a idea I dropped to the P.H. we hunted with. In all honesty a camp hatchet will serve multi purposes. I would also think the outfitter would process either animal for you.

Let me also remind all of y'all about the time I was hospitalized for leaking gas internally. The surgeon suspected a bone had punctured my intestine. After like 5 days of daily scans the gutted me like a fish in search of the culprit. A bone splinterin your gutty works is a very bad thing. Whacking bones with a cleaver or saw can create a problem I wouldn't wish on anyone to have to deal with.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Battery powered sawzall was in a idea I dropped to the P.H. we hunted with. In all honesty a camp hatchet will serve multi purposes. I would also think the outfitter would process either animal for you.

Let me also remind all of y'all about the time I was hospitalized for leaking gas internally. The surgeon suspected a bone had punctured my intestine. After like 5 days of daily scans the gutted me like a fish in search of the culprit. A bone splinterin your gutty works is a very bad thing. Whacking bones with a cleaver or saw can create a problem I wouldn't wish on anyone to have to deal with.
    This is why I process my own game. I will be much more thorough than someone else.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This is why I process my own game. I will be much more thorough than someone else.
    When the surgeon first told me what she thought, I thought stupid girl! 1 year later while eating beef back ribs I picked up a splinter in my jaw. I swore off meat for a couple of years/

Now all ribs be they beef or pork the washed under swift moving water.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom