Sep 10, 2020
    Pleasanton
    I see this one.. good price and brand?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-080946_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210325-080946_Chrome.jpg
      108.2 KB · Views: 72

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Well I mean as far as registration purposes. 1 has to be reg as a pistol and other reg as a rifle depending on the lower you get?
    I suggest some serious research on legalities regarding rifle, short barrel rifle and pistol. Internet legal advice is worth what you pay for it.

That said you dont register guns in Texas. A pistol lower has a few specific requirements. If you put a short upper on a rifle configured lower you have to first apply and get a stamp for a short barrel rifle. The same upper on a pistol configured lower is legal. Stupid isnt it.

Getting into the weeds a bit...
    Also once a lower has been a rifle it can never be a pistol again. So if you're building one I suggest you buy a stripped lower or a pistol lower.

SATLoader32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2020
    Pleasanton
    This is what I'm looking at from PSA..

They don't have any CHF uppers or else I'd get one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-084031_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20210325-084031_Chrome.jpg
      189.8 KB · Views: 72

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    This is what I'm looking at from PSA..

They don't have any CHF uppers or else I'd get one.
    Nothing wrong with the S&W M&P15 suggested, or the Radical you showed. If you go with the PSA, pay the extra for the MOE set, and the MBus sights. Realize the Virginia-15 lower is a vanity lower and will be marked Virginia-15...

If you buy a stripped lower like that, your FFL should register it as a receiver, leaving it open to being configured as a rifle or pistol, though technically, once you configure it as a rifle, it can never be configured as a pistol, who's to know?

SATLoader32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2020
    Pleasanton
    Nothing wrong with the S&W M&P15 suggested, or the Radical you showed. If you go with the PSA, pay the extra for the MOE set, and the MBus sights. Realize the Virginia-15 lower is a vanity lower and will be marked Virginia-15...

If you buy a stripped lower like that, your FFL should register it as a receiver, leaving it open to being configured as a rifle or pistol, though technically, once you configure it as a rifle, it can never be configured as a pistol, who's to know?

That's the only stripped lower they have in stock. Above that there's only 1 more and its way more. I would buy a different branded lower if I could from them

SATLoader32

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2020
    Pleasanton
    That's the only stripped lower they have in stock. Above that there's only 1 more and its way more. I would buy a different branded lower if I could from them

I was able to find the "stealth" lower receiver over the Virginia one. And the kits are railed uppers with MOE lower parts kits

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I was able to find the "stealth" lower receiver over the Virginia one. And the kits are railed uppers with MOE lower parts kits
    It's really no big deal what is stamped on the receiver, but I like the stealth lower over the Virginia-15.

Top Bottom