Looking for AR guys to shoot with

Discussion in 'Other Areas' started by Okierifleman, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Looking for a place to shoot my AR's. Would love to find a group to shoot with.

2. kingofwylietx

kingofwylietx Well-Known

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Okie, lest you are willing to drive 'anywhere', you may wish to include your location.

3. smschulz

smschulz Paid for CUT TGT Supporter

Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    How 'bout over there? >>>>:gotme:

4. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    My mistake, must have the HUA syndrome today. Houston:gotme:

5. malladus

malladus Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    If all you are wanting is to stand in at a line in shoot in Houston I used to shoot at the American Shooting Centers on the west Site of Town. There is also a range up on 290 by Highway 6, and maybe Shiloh, never been up in the nortwest. Then Carter's Country up north. There are a town of other places, but I don't much experience with them.

malladus

6. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The first one you mention is Hotwells, on 290 between Barker-Cypress and Skinner. Shiloh is handguns only.

7. usmcpmi

usmcpmi Active Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Too bad you arn't closer to "Central" I'm up for shooting mine. Lone Star is close to me...MG

8. Rocket_Cowboy

Rocket_Cowboy Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I'll have mine out at Elm Fork tomorrow morning, but that's a bit north of Houston. :)

9. ReVrEnD_0341

ReVrEnD_0341 Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If I could afford to shoot my limited supply, I'd be down to shoot anywhere.

10. Innocent-Bystander

Innocent-Bystander New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    PSC Shooting Club

This is a private range on the South side of Houston by Alvin and Friendswood, but well worth the $160 a year. I have been a member for about four years and the great thing about it is all members get the combo to the front gate. Everyone is responsible for range safety and cease fires. They have four different types of rifle ranges. Bench only to 200 (iirc), open range to 300 (you can go prone on the dirt if you want but I only do that when no one is on the range as it moves up the firing line) a dedicated .22 rim fire range and a BB range for the kids.

For pistols there is both steel plates and paper targets. They have multiple of bays so you can always find some place to shoot.

I don't know much about the skeet/shotgun area as that is not my thing, but they have a big area for that.

Oh, and a bow range also.

Well worth the money. My wife calls it the time black hole as I go there and just can't get away.