• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm thinking about starting some IDPA or some such matches. All my good holsters are IWB.

Any advice on basic holster and magazine pouches? I was thinking of just getting utility belt (5.11 tac or something).

Thanks
    ARJ Defense ad

PMG2010

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    TX
    I have a friend in the FTW IDPA. The require using only Kydex non-collapsing holsters. They recomend 2 brands: The COMPTAC Minataur, and the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Both are dual retaining clip, adjustable cant, custom fit, leather backed, Kydex holsters.

Personally, I have the Crossbreed super tuck deluxe and I love it. True to the brand, it is the ugliest, most comfortable holster you'll ever own.

Crossbreed Holsters > Home

The crossbreed holster takes a long time to ship, about 4 weeks, but the wait is worth it.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I use and like the Comp-Tac paddle holster and single mag pouches. For a belt I use the inner belt from my CR speed setup that I have for USPSA.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Looks like they are knocking another $50 bucks off the Deluxe Pro Kit @ Comp-Tac - wish I would have waited on buying mine. haha - it always happens like that.

In celebration of Gordon’s IDPA National Title win, we are discounting our Deluxe Pro Competition Kit. Save 15% off our already discounted price! Enter the code “DPRO-0311” in the “redeem” box during checkout and save over $50.00!

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    If you're looking for "cheap" try Blade Tech Revolution series holsters and mag pouches. Only about $25 (cheaper if you search) and made like their Kydex holsters and pouches. You can get them with paddle or sting ray belt mounting systems. Wilderness Tactical belts work great as well. I sometimes use my IWB carry rig for the IDPA games.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Eh, you can get a Blackhawk SERPA sporter holster for about $25 at Academy. Sure, it only comes with a paddle attachment, but it's a good holster that you're not going to break. Belt is slightly less important with the SERPA because you lay your finger on a paddle (where your finger goes on the frame) and draw - retention isn't friction like a lot of holsters. For mag carriers, I like my Fobus roto paddle carrier. It's comfy, pretty easy to take off, but stays put until you're ready to take it off.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've used a SERPA, but the button sucks sometimes.

Frankly, I would highly recommend using some of your IWB holsters. IDPA is a concealment sport, and it's great training for anyone that carries, more so if you use your carry rig.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom