• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    A few weeks ago I was driving to SAT on Hwy 90 and some guy thought he was a better driver than he really was, and ended up hitting three (THREE!) cars while they were stopped at a stop light. He was trying to "thread the needle" and pass all of us while we were stopped. Anyway, my car suffered some damage to the pass side quarter panel, and it will need some metal work and a respray. There isn't a whole lot going on in terms of auto body shops in Del Rio, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend one in San Antonio. It is very important to me that the new paint matches. Since its the quarter panel, there will be some blending required and don't want some hack job being done to my car.
    Lynx Defense

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Be careful, dealers have pretty bad paint and body shops, at least in my experience. One car I had to refuse picking up SIX times because of serious flaws (10 foot visible sanding scratches, horrible orange peel, overspray, gouged the glass with the DA, etc.). In another instance, different dealer, they ended up getting in over their head and actually sent the car to a third party business without notifying me. Stopped by to check up on the work, and it was a "where's my car?" situation. They only fessed up when I started dialing the cops to report it stolen. Went to the third party to follow up on the story, car was indeed there, shop owner was caught REALLY off guard, he had no clue what was going on and was told something completely different than what was supposed to be done with the car.

Wherever you choose, if possible drop by and look at the work they are finishing up to get an idea of how good they are.

TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    Its an Infiniti, not new, but new enough and the paint WAS almost perfect so I want to get it fixed right. The other guy's insurance is paying, so I do not care about how much it costs. I am concerned mostly about quality, even if I have to make a trip to San Antonio (3 hours) to get it done right. I'm pretty sure they have to give me a rental car while my car is being repaired so it will just be an excuse for me to go to San Antonio for a good meal and probably a gun purchase. I was considering a dealership but would rather go to a place that specializes in (and takes pride in) body work. There's got to be some high end body shops in town.
    =

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Usually dealers do good work, especially an Infinity dealer. I used to run a dealership bodyshop and we did great work. Brains seems to have had a bad experience but that is not the norm.

TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    Usually dealers do good work, especially an Infinity dealer. I used to run a dealership bodyshop and we did great work. Brains seems to have had a bad experience but that is not the norm.

I'll give them a call. I would be suspicious if they are "approved" and have an agreement with the insurance company (Allstate) to not have an adjuster look at the car. It is my understanding that the shop tries to save money for the insurance company in exchange for the guaranteed business. I may be totally off base with that idea, but thats what I've been told.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    It's better if they are approved by Allstate. They can fix everything they need to without have to wait on supplements. Don't worry about that, it's a good thing.

Top Bottom