• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The S&W 640 is what I carry with the "Hip Grip" on it. Very comfortable and easily concealable. Loaded with some .357 hollow points. When I'm mowing. I carry three shot shells and two big ole' hollow points.
    Guns International

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    i'm sure... most small gripped pistols chambered in high caliber rounds will. But you will only plan to use it in a self defense situation, it's not like your doing mag dumps & burning ammo.
    In the real world you may need to use it once in a life ... other than at the range occasionally.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    One of my revolvers. S&W 340SC. I've shot 357 thru it but only load it with 38sp. That being said, I've never carried it.

QR2p3pV.jpg

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    i'm sure... most small gripped pistols chambered in high caliber rounds will. But you will only plan to use it in a self defense situation, it's not like your doing mag dumps & burning ammo.
    In the real world you may need to use it once in a life ... other than at the range occasionally.
    I'm speaking specifically of 410 Shot shells. How many do you shoot in a row through yours.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Somebody needs to define a "high caliber" round for me, please. Is it a .45, .40, 357, 38, etc. etc.
    EZ-E recommended the Bond Arms derringer in 45LC/410 as a concealed carry piece and seemed to propose that he'd prefer the 410 round. I replied to that post saying that the 410 is painful to shoot. He followed with a statement about large calibers in pistols with small grips. I was wondering how often he shoots 410s in his.

I don't own but have shot them in .38, 45LC and 410.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Ain't it though!! :banana: I'm messing with the questions about the differences because the answers are going to be different but yet correct because of the differences in strength and size of the shooter, caliber of the weapon, downloaded or uploaded ammo, etc., etc.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    EZ-E recommended the Bond Arms derringer in 45LC/410 as a concealed carry piece and seemed to propose that he'd prefer the 410 round. I replied to that post saying that the 410 is painful to shoot. He followed with a statement about large calibers in pistols with small grips. I was wondering how often he shoots 410s in his.

I don't own but have shot them in .38, 45LC and 410.

I don't own one either, but have shot .38, .357 & 45LC in short barreled revolver pistols & have one handed a .410 that was cut down.... all of them hurt my hands. I'm not claiming to be a know it all ... i was just offering suggestions & never said mine was the correct one.

I think of revolvers as close range personal defense weapons. The benfit of the BOND is it can be a pocket pistol. If i have to draw down on a POS in less than 7' that .410 PDX is a bad little round & if i have one shot that has to take down a person the .410 PDX will get the job done... yes may hurt your hand but the .357, .38 & 45LC will hurt your hands too. So if i have to fire one round possibly 2 in a life time that may hurt my hand not a bad trade off to save my life.

If your worried about recoil get a .22 or .22mag barrel. Like i said in the post there are tons of options for barrels in the chamber of your liking.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I don't own one either, but have shot .38, .357 & 45LC in short barreled revolver pistols & have one handed a .410 that was cut down.... all of them hurt my hands. I'm not claiming to be a know it all ... i was just offering suggestions & never said mine was the correct one.

I think of revolvers as close range personal defense weapons. The benfit of the BOND is it can be a pocket pistol. If i have to draw down on a POS in less than 7' that .410 PDX is a bad little round & if i have one shot that has to take down a person the .410 PDX will get the job done... yes may hurt your hand but the .357, .38 & 45LC will hurt your hands too. So if i have to fire one round possibly 2 in a life time that may hurt my hand not a bad trade off to save my life.

If your worried about recoil get a .22 or .22mag barrel. Like i said in the post there are tons of options for barrels in the chamber of your liking.
    The .38 and 45 Colt aren't bad. The 410...imagine placing your hand, palm up, on a table and taking a hammer and raising it over your head and then hitting your hand as hard as you can...that's the 410. You might not be able to fire the second shot for a while.

cb51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2017
    Georgetown Tx.
    I've always loved the J frame S&W air weights. Easy to carry and light enough that you don't think about it much. But, in really hot weather when wearing lightweight nylon shorts and Magellan fishing shorts and Keen sandals, I carry one or two NAA mini .22 revolvers. One in a pocket and the other in a IWB clip holster. So tiny that I can actually forget about them, and it gives me 10 rounds of CCI stingers to make some muggers day a bad one.

I've carried these little guns since the mid 1980's when living in the Washington D.C area having a gun was a big no-no. Growing up int he not so good part of D.C. I saw lots of people carrying guns for self defense and most were small very concealable pocket guns like little .22 revolvers like the one Hinckley used on President Reagan, or the small .25 autos like the FIE Titan .25 auto. They seem to work and iti didn't make you cry if you had to toss it in the river. For the price of a restaurant meal you just got another one from the neighborhood gun guy. Getting shot hurts like hell and it's bad news for a criminal to have to go to the ER with a gunshot wound.

I like my J frame .38. but carry the mini .22's a lot. Just sooo easy. Twice it's saved my butt because the street thug didn't want extra holes in him. I didn't see him laughing at a .22.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom