• ...and so much more!
  • Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I've been thinking about an e bike for grins and giggles. My work is about 2 miles away and I could use it to commute. I have watched some You Tube videos and checked out some websites. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with an e bike? If I have to wear Spandex, I'll just forget it.
    Lynx Defense

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    1706981894287.jpeg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I saw a guy on one of the pedal assist mountain bikes runnng down the road. Didn’t look like he was putting much effort into pedaling, but he was going at a pretty good clip. 20-25mph if I were to guess.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Hey, OP, what are we talking about here? There's a huge range of "eBikes"...from pedal-assist to full on dirt bike.
    Heck, with that short of a commute, you could go hoverboard.
    And Spandex is a non-starter.
    I'd want a pedal assist road bike, not a off road mountain bike. My nephew's son has a hoverboard, I wouldn't attempt to try one of those.

win1200riot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2022
    Illinois
    I've been thinking about an e bike for grins and giggles. My work is about 2 miles away and I could use it to commute. I have watched some You Tube videos and checked out some websites. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with an e bike? If I have to wear Spandex, I'll just forget it.
    I didn't think I'd like them but after riding one it was nice. You still get exercise on them. I have a 26" tire model called an Electra Townie Go, a rear hub drive step-thru made by Trek. More of an upright commuter with a 2.5 inch width tire.

Also bought a fat tire Trek Farley bike which is a lot of fun on trails and beaches. Didn't think I'd like that type but it's been great. They're not really slow like one would think as they have a 27.5 inch rim and a lot of sidewall. Softer ride with being able to ride them on 8psi tubeless.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom