• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    You really need to get an end game in mind with a 10/22. What you want to work towards is key second is budget.

Do you want a super slick trigger? After market stock? Barrel? Scoped red dot or open sights? Is there a suppressor in your future? Appleseed shoot?

One easy mod you can make right off the bat is a bolt release.

Put some of that together and I'll dig up some good sights to get it all...

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    You might want to ask a mod to move your post into the rimfire forum. Lots of good guys here to help you out.

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    One place to go is, rimfirecentral.com There is more information on the 10-22 than any other place I can think og.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    I started out with a Green Mountain 18" fluted barrel, a KID bolt buffer, and a Power Custom competition hammer and adjustable sear kit from www.gunkings.com shipping is free but they are in Texas so there is sales tax. A Boyd's thumbhole stock direct from BOYDS The World's Foremost Supplier of Hardwood Gunstocks., and a Harris 1A2-LM bipod I got at a gun show. I got a really good deal on a used Volksquartsen target trigger and extended mag release from a guy over at RFC...$35 for both...shipped! Got a Leopold scope rail and rings from Midway. I replaced the older model flat-face firing pin with a new chisel point, replaced the extractor, and replaced the charging handle and rod with one for a 10-22 Magnum, all Ruger OEM parts from Brownells. In all, I got close to $650 in that one...and I paid $49.95 for the rifle...new...in 1974 at the Navy Exchange in NAS North Island.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    yeah 10/22's are money pits it really is best to decide what you want to do first and dont make my mistake haha. there are numerous sites (more than you will ever imagine) for 10/22 parts.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Also, really think about what is really an improvement and what is just gimmick. Some things like extractors, firing pins, springs, and bolts are no better than Ruger OEM parts and will NOT improve performance...and are a lot more expensive. The things that will improve accuracy are basically a match barrel and competition trigger kit. A bolt buffer is a must to reduce wear. Everything else is mostly just want, not need. Some of the DIY mods are really easy if you take your time and pay attention to what you are doing. I did a radius and polish job on my bolts, hammer faces, and polished the charging handle guide rods on both of my rifles which made them operate more smoothly and cycle low velocity ammo more consistently. I polished the hammer, sear, disconnector, and trigger plunger on my stock carbine which really reduced the trigger pull. http://home.earthlink.net/~nrwilson01/triggermods/

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom