• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Black Friday and the Marlin 795 is a great sub $100 rifle. Spend the rest on a pair of Tac Sights, extra magazines and a sling then take him out for a weekend of shooiting at an appleseed event and you'll make a rifleman out of him all for under $200 including training from some pros.

marlinweb.jpg

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Even thou you could find several good .22s for under $200, rethink the Henry lever action, especially if this is you boy's first 22 rifle. With the semi-autos 22, it is too easy to just fire away. With a lever action, the young boy will be forced to line up his next shot before he shoots again. At that young age, accuracy and techniques will be most important, this is where you as dad come in. Last year, I got my boy at age 11 his first 22 rifle (Henry lever). He has become a good shot. He has killed several rabbits out 40 or 50yrds. I recently put on a scope for him. Needless to say, he loves his 22 lever action. I have the Golden Boy .22 and we have a good time shooting together. good luck with your decision.......

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Black Friday and the Marlin 795 is a great sub $100 rifle. Spend the rest on a pair of Tac Sights, extra magazines and a sling then take him out for a weekend of shooiting at an appleseed event and you'll make a rifleman out of him all for under $200 including training from some pros.

marlinweb.jpg

What he said. I have an older Marlin that will kill golf balls at a hundred yards with the right ammo. The Marlin 60 is the same rifle with a tubular magazine, if you think you might want to slow his ammo consumption down a bit at some point (reloading can take a little while...).

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Finding a new Henry in that price range will be hard. You might have to increase your budget by about $50-75 if your are married to the Henry idea. The blued ones will be the cheapest.

$247 free shipping.
    Henry Repeating Arms H001 Rimfire 22 LR - Rifles for sale at CenterfireGuns

$244.99 no idea shipping cost if any
    Impact Guns - Henry Lever Action 22LR Walnut Stock

Expect your local FFL to want about $20 for him to handle the paperwork, so add that to those totals.

This might be your best chance to get it closest to your budget.
    Cheaper Than Dirt has it listed for internet sales at $217.19. So you might call them and see if you can go pick it up, not close by, but might be worth the trip. You will have to pay tax, but that should be <$18, and you save a FFL fee you would incur on the out of state orders.
    36596 - Henry Repeating Arms Model H001 Lever Action Rimfire Rifle .22 Long Rifle 18.25" Barrel 15 Rounds Walnut Stock Blued Finish

Nobody has mentioned the Ruger 10-22 that will can be had for your budget. It's not quite the Barbie for men your PreditAR is, but it's close. Tons of options and accessories for your son to hang on it. I've had mine since I was his age, and it's gone through a number of transformations, and is still one of my favorite guns.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX

marlinweb.jpg
    where will these be sub $100?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    I think I am gonna bite the bullet and go with a regular Henry instead of the youth. Fits his size pretty well... And its quite a bit cheaper.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    imo , thats a good decision..... i also got my boy the regular henry.... i figured he would out-grow the youth model anyways.... your boy is gonna love it.... range report when your boy gets his henry.......

Top Bottom