• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chris211

Gimme Back My Bullets!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    TX
    The rest of the world would love nothing better than to disarm Americans.

[h=3]“You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.”[/h]

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    The link is dead indeed. I wonder if some liberal douche has been hacking because he's butt hurt. But here is what was in the email.

NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS ALERT: Vol. 19, No. 30 07/27/2012

U.N. ATT Conference Comes to an Impasse

The Conference on the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (U.N. ATT) has broken down and will not report a draft treaty to the member nations.

This is a big victory for American gun owners, and the NRA is being widely credited for killing the U.N. ATT.

For nearly 20 years, the NRA has worked tirelessly to warn American gun owners about the United Nations’ efforts to undermine the constitutional rights of law-abiding American gun owners by putting in place international controls on small arms.

NRA became a recognized Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and has monitored all U.N. activities that could impact on our Second Amendment rights. As a result, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre testified before the U.N. (2012 remarks, 2011 remarks) making it clear that the NRA would fight any international treaty that included civilian arms.

NRA worked with our allies in the U.S. Congress and successfully assembled strong bipartisan opposition to any treaty that adversely impacts the Second Amendment. On two occasions NRA was successful in convincing a majority of the U.S. Senate to sign letters to President Obama that made it clear that any treaty that included civilian arms was not going to be ratified by the U.S. Senate.

Yesterday (July 26), Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) gathered the signatures of 51 Senators on a letter to President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton opposing any treaty that infringes on our rights.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    The link is dead indeed. I wonder if some liberal douche has been hacking because he's butt hurt.

Hopefully he remembered to fill out the Report Form:

4578617.png

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Awesome. I'm not seeing this on any news (ie biased info reporting) source - even Drudge or Newsmax. Curious why that is???

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Man you gotta give it to the NRA, other pro gun rights associations and people like Larry Pratt and Wayne LaPierre. Those guys got balls. To stand up to people as powerful as the UN and basically tell them "like hell you're stepping on our rights", is an honorable act in my opinion. So does anyone know specifically what the disagreement was? Why the "talks fell apart"?

To be honest with you, I trust the gov't and the media so little, that I would not put it past them to be making this whole story up, and really DID sign the treaty today. I mean who says they have to tell us? Who says they even would tell us if the law said they had to? They're breaking the law by even having this discussion to begin with, we have a bunch of thugs running our country, plain and simple. And make no mistake about it, this is not the last we've heard of anti gunners trying to take our rights, nor is it the last time a foreign power thinks they have any authority here, since Obama has opened up the door that's been closed for so long and told them "come on in, take whatever you want". We need to get Obama out and whoever takes his place needs to be reminded every day who they work for.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Man you gotta give it to the NRA, other pro gun rights associations and people like Larry Pratt and Wayne LaPierre. Those guys got balls. To stand up to people as powerful as the UN and basically tell them "like hell you're stepping on our rights", is an honorable act in my opinion. So does anyone know specifically what the disagreement was? Why the "talks fell apart"?

To be honest with you, I trust the gov't and the media so little, that I would not put it past them to be making this whole story up, and really DID sign the treaty today. I mean who says they have to tell us? Who says they even would tell us if the law said they had to? They're breaking the law by even having this discussion to begin with, we have a bunch of thugs running our country, plain and simple. And make no mistake about it, this is not the last we've heard of anti gunners trying to take our rights, nor is it the last time a foreign power thinks they have any authority here, since Obama has opened up the door that's been closed for so long and told them "come on in, take whatever you want". We need to get Obama out and whoever takes his place needs to be reminded every day who they work for.

Who makes these guys work? Who makes the NRA a strong as it is?
    Kudos to the front men but don't forget yourselves.
    WE are the NRA! It's not a corporation, it's us.
    You, me, every gun owner.

Well done guys.
    Remain vigilant!

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

Well done guys.
    Remain vigilant!

Lifetime member here. The NRA and it's membership make me proud.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston

Well done guys.
    Remain vigilant!

I'm actually not a member of the NRA. I am, however a GOA member. I've only been a gun owner for about 9 months. Finally decided a few months ago I should at least join one pro gun rights organization, but I think it's time to join another. I think I'm gonna join the NRA the first chance I get cause I appreciate what they stand for and we would have ZERO gun rights if it weren't for those contributions. Could you imagine? Seriously, I'd even go so far as to say that if it weren't for the NRA and other Pro 2nd Amendment organizations (and by the NRA I mean the ENTIRE NRA, from the President down to the typical individual American gun owner) , we'd be at least a mildly (key words: at least) oppressed nation.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    On a side note, wanna see a true conflict of interest? Read the article on NRA's news page about stopping the Arms Trade Treaty, then go to a biased liberal website like Huffington Post (or something like that), and read their take on it. Talk about a bunch of nanny stater crybabies.

Check this out from Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...l-arms-trade-treaty-as-us-asks-for-more-time/

US needs more time. Hmm.....I wonder how much more time....say 4 months or so? That's what I'm thinking. This isn't over, it's only a slight delay.

What I wonder is this....did the ultra left wing factions of the UN and USA sabotage a treaty that might have actually made some significant differences in global warfare and human rights violations, because they crossed the line and tried to meddle in our 2nd Amendment rights? I mean I see things like grenade launchers and other explosive type weapons being addressed in this treaty, and to that extent, I agree with it. I haven't read the whole treaty, and won't have time to either, but I believe some of the treaty was truly designed to cut back on weapons trafficking to terrorist and criminal organizations, but that they crossed the line when they tried to, ONCE AGAIN, punish the law abiding citizens for the handy work of criminals.

The international regulation of civilian firearms, small arms and conventional weapons, international registry, banning of high cap mags, banning of semi auto weapons, and confiscation and destruction of any weapon they deem as "unauthorized", is just entirely too vague, especially considering we have an entire clan of anti gunners running this country right now. The potential for 2nd Amendment violations (especially considering they already have little or no regard for the Constitution), is pretty much assured in a treaty like this.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The UN wants the govt of Syria overthrown by rebels who ARM themselves but wants us disarmed so we can't fight back. Twisted logic.

on the phone

Top Bottom