• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    SENATE BACKS PORTANTINO?S BILL TO BAN ?OPEN CARRY? | Latest News | Pasadena Independent

Bill List

Has passed both chambers, just has to get through their version of conference committee and be signed by their far Left Governor.

Also looks like they are going to pass another bill outlawing online ammo sales. All ammo purchases would be registered and require a thumb print. Supposedly this is less vague than the previous attempt.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery?bill_number=sb_427&sess=CUR&house=B&author=de_le%F3n

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Like I said in another topic, I lived in CA for 40 years and didn't know open carry existed. No surprise that they would get rid of it. As for ammo sales, it really screws the target shooter. Its not like you can find Eley, Lapua, etc. at Walmart. My brothers are gonna be pissed.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Like I said in another topic, I lived in CA for 40 years and didn't know open carry existed. No surprise that they would get rid of it. As for ammo sales, it really screws the target shooter. Its not like you can find Eley, Lapua, etc. at Walmart. My brothers are gonna be pissed.

As I understand it, if the bill passes (and is not ruled unconstitutional like the last one was), you would be able to buy ammo and have it shipped to an FFL, then pick it up for a transfer fee and do the registration and thumb print. Assuming you could find an FFL willing to do that for you.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There's a chance that Brown won't sign them. This is going to be the first test of whether the pro-gun side was right in supporting him. I don't think they were, even if he vetoes them...

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    I read a report some where that the economic impact of these bills would make it cost prohibitive for the average private citizen to realistically be able to own and shoot a firearm in CA - to pay for the new rules - a whole new series of taxes, fees, surcharges and levies on a wide range of firearm related industries go into effect. Several ammo manufactures and distributors have already come out and said they'll simply stop shipping to CA because compliance would cost more than it's worth to them.
    I'll see if I can find the article and ref. back here.

Edit: Here's the articals I was refering to - but I think there was amuch more detailed one that I saw too...
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=7058
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2764463/posts
    However - when I was searching - everything I saw about the restriction to online ammo sales says it was struck down...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    That was their prior attempt at the online ammo ban. It was found unconstitutionally vauge IIRC. This one should fail, too since it violates the Feds' monopoly on power over interstate commerce.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    As a former inmate of the state of CA I honestly think the only people who are going to keep living there are the people the rest of America really doesn't need. I know they all have their reasons for staying, but the truth is there is only one reason for staying: you value something else over your liberty. CA serves a useful purpose as a refuge for voluntary slaves. Leave the rest of America for those who have some inkling of the importance of freedom.

And this is coming from someone whose friend of 20 years recently moved there (against my advisement). No sympathy- he was warned and whatever ill he gets over there he deserves.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    I suppose the dope runners won't have a problem getting out of state ammo. They will just smuggle the ammo in with their dope. This is just another example of a broke ass state passing stupid laws. Fingerprints? Really? Talk about another business killing regulation. There are now dairy farms in AZ because of California methane regulations. It shouldn't be long before no one can live in CA because you won't be able to eat food without a permit. You won't be able to buy shoes that are not green friendly, so most will go barefooted. Cars? Hell no. No cars in CA. I lived in San Diego County for 4 years and that was 4 years too long. Get out while you can. Abandon ship and let CA become its own broke ass nation.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It won't be "smuggling". It'll be perfectly legal to buy ammo out of state and bring it back with you. It's sales inside that state that are going to be regulated if the bill gets signed or ignored.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    What concerns me more is the number of people who are moving from California to Texas and think these measures are good ideas...:ohnoes:

Yes, I have met some former Left Coasters who question the Second Amendment rights we enjoy in this great state. I ask them what did they honestly expect when they decided to move to Texas?!?

Now, allow me to clarify that I have met a lot more former Californians who hated the Draconian gun laws there and are very supportive of Texas' position on firearms; but there are those "select few" who feel that things need to be more like they were in that disaster that is their old state!

Cheers! M2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What concerns me more is the number of people who think these measures are good ideas and are moving from California to Texas...:ohnoes:

Time to close the border.

There are too many people that are natives that think these are good ideas, already... Importing more? No thanks.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I've said it before and here I'm saying it again.

The people who write these bills simply don't want ANYONE to have guns.

"Reasonable restrictions" is code for "You shouldn't be able to own this because I don't like it"

Top Bottom