DK Firearms

WTS Price Reduced LOTS of Ammo for sale - from military collection - DFW/Carrollton

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    My FIL passed with quite a collection BUT no life ins so proceeds from this go to my MIL. Which means we are motivated to sell but cant give it away

10-3-22 - a number of people have PMed. I have added more detail to the sheet and included details on the mixed boxes that I had ignored before.

Halloween price reduction - Take 15% of the posted prices and take an additional 10% off if you buy 3 or more boxes.

10-2-2022 prices from ammo seek
    So make a fair offer by box number
    Only selling full boxes
    Located in Carrollton

2022 10-10 updated prices Ammunition Report copy.jpg

Box 1
    Box1.jpg

Box 3
    Box3.jpg

Box 5
    Box5.jpg

Box 6
    Box6.jpg

Box 8
    Box8.jpg

Box 11
    Box11.jpg

Box 13
    Box13.jpg

Box 14
    Box14.jpg

Box 16
    Box16.jpg

Box 17
    Box17.jpg

Box 19
    Box19.jpg

Box 20
    Box20.jpg

Box 22
    Box22.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Without getting into the weeds about it, all ads on TGT must have a physical location in the title.

I realize you're new so I'll fix this one for you. Please keep it in mind for the future and good luck with your sale.

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    thanks - I put the location in the text - hadn't yet updated my profile to add location THANKS

I host a couple of auto enthusiast sites and have for about 20 years ... I understand how tough it is to keep things civil. I also understand how forums can be competitive ... Thanks for allowing this here
    Edit - I see it now in the thread title - THANKS

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    What are the head stamps on the 30-06 Ball M2 in 8 round enblocs?

And others as well. I know you already listed the KA71 headstamp.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm not an expert but how much does "age" impact ammo value ?
    It depends on many, many factors.

I've bought bargain ammo that had been stored improperly for a surprisingly short time and every other primer failed to ignite. If you can't accurately testify to the manner in which the ammo has been stored, you'll need to offer a deep discount.

OTOH, I've bought very old ammo that was packed for long term storage and had always been kept in climate-controlled facilities. Under those conditions, ammo could be 80 years old and, after some checking, I'd trust it. Some of my best, most trusted ammo that I'm hoarding and only use on special occasions was made in the 1960s and 1970s.

Specifically referring to 12ga slugs

If I were looking at slugs and assuming the ammo is at least new enough that it's not in paper hulls, I'd pay more attention to the boxes than the shells. If the boxes look like they've faded due to humidity and/or heat, I'd probably pass up buying them. If the boxes are still crisp and nothing looks wrong with the ammo, I'd take the chance for a decent price.

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    It depends on many, many factors.

I've bought bargain ammo that had been stored improperly for a surprisingly short time and every other primer failed to ignite. If you can't accurately testify to the manner in which the ammo has been stored, you'll need to offer a deep discount.

OTOH, I've bought very old ammo that was packed for long term storage and had always been kept in climate-controlled facilities. Under those conditions, ammo could be 80 years old and, after some checking, I'd trust it. Some of my best, most trusted ammo that I'm hoarding and only use on special occasions was made in the 1960s and 1970s.

If I were looking at slugs and assuming the ammo is at least new enough that it's not in paper hulls, I'd pay more attention to the boxes than the shells. If the boxes look like they've faded due to humidity and/or heat, I'd probably pass up buying them. If the boxes are still crisp and nothing looks wrong with the ammo, I'd take the chance for a decent price.
    Thanks
    Most of the 12 ga are still in the cardboard boxes and those in Military or plastic ammo cans

madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    While I can't attest to all of it, the boxes I can see look decent. I also know (from personal experience) that some of the 12 Gauge slugs that are loose have to be less than 5-10 years old as I still have some from the same maker with both the new and old hull printing.

No easy way to tell how they were stored. Silver_2000, were there desiccant packs in the ammo cans? That would also give you an indication of how much humidity they have been exposed to.

I mirror Ben in that some of my oldest ammo was also the best stored and thus most trusted for reliability.

Top Bottom