WTS Price Reduced LOTS of Ammo for sale - from military collection - DFW/Carrollton

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I mirror Ben in that some of my oldest ammo was also the best stored and thus most trusted for reliability.
    An uncle died and left me a large quantity of Super X .38 wadcutter premium target ammo from the 1960s. He'd always stored it properly. It's still the most consistent factory ammo of its type that I've ever shot and over the years I've tested every newly-made premium load I can find on paper and over the chrono. The only other .38 wadcutter target ammo that has been about as consistent (though at much lower muzzle velocity) was CCI Blazer aluminum .38 wadcutters; that stuff surprised the hell out of me and I'm sorry I didn't stock up on that lot of ammo when I first encountered it.

Point? Storage conditions are the single most important thing I want to know when someone wants to sell me old ammo.
    Venture Surplus ad

Millerwb

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Bryan
    View attachment 348045 View attachment 348046

there are 3 or 4 boxes of 30-06
    2 different headstamps

The 8 round clips are Greek manufactured in 1980 by the headstamp. If stored well, they should be good and fairly consistent.

The KA 72 is a mixed bag. If the other 3 cans are all that lot, what is in the 30 cal box is the cleanest bunch (the pic with them all in the can neatly). The 50 cal can where they are mixed looks pretty good as well. The third can, the one with the dirtiest brass, looks to have originally been linked for machine gun use. It looks to have had some moisture exposure at some point prior to delinking since the discoloration stops where the links were.

silver_2000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    CARROLLTON
    Still some left

Help a guy out

PXL_20221022_013930590.jpg

Top Bottom