• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Sad thing is that it's a peer pressure thing. If you peel off and vote for Boener's competition and lose, you might be punished by Boener for your actions, I'm guessing through committee assignments.
    They only needed a few more defectors to not vote for Boener as of yesterday in order to have a good chance of tossing him out as speaker

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I called Nagebauer's office.
    I was respectful yet firm in voicing my displeasure with the "same old".
    She assured me that "your voice will be heard".
    I doubt it'll be heeded.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    the only thing he has done that I liked recently was when he told the park ranger who had closed off the access to the ww2 vets memorial that they should be ashamed of themselves

then he apologized the next day for what he said
    Reminded me of pat Robertson

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    To ALL,

Louie went K-12 with my kid sister & my sister says that he is GOOD PEOPLE & would make a Speaker who would rate right up there with SAM RAYBURN, who was also from our district.
    (I really don't know him, as I was "away with the forces" after he was 10YO.)

Our relatively poor, largely rural & sparsely populated 1CD of TX has sent several notable men to Congress over the last century, including the late/lamented SAM B. HALL, who was later a well-regarded judge & was appointed to the federal bench by RWR.

just my OPINION, satx
    Whoaa, brother you better be standing with hand over your heart when you say "Mr Sam". Probably the most powerful Speaker of the House of the 20th century. He was a man many on both sides of the asile knew he could have been POTUS if he had wanted. It was said that the Presidents called him and when they called they said Mr Sam, SIR.

This insight came from members of my family that are VERY deep and involved in politics, Senators, Gov, Representatives at the state and federal level and have been since before WWII. We don't see eye to eye and don't exchange Christmas cards, but on occasion at a funeral or reunion we make some small talk...

Others they have mentioned as powerhouses: Senator Everett Dirksen, Goldwater, LBJ, John Tower and others I have forgotten.

Top Bottom