• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    According to the Houston Chronicle, the former Dallas County sheriff owes money on seven properties in two counties.

Lupe Valdez, who just this week secured the Democratic nomination for Texas governor, owes more than $12,000 in overdue property taxes from 2017, the Houston Chronicle reported Thursday.

Valdez, the former Dallas County sheriff, owes money on seven properties in two counties, according to the Chronicle. The paper also reported that she has several omissions on an official financial-disclosure report, which fails to list a Dallas property that she owns and gives incorrect names for two companies.

Valdez’s campaign told the Chronicle that she is paying the taxes off in installments and has “an agreement with the counties” to pay off the money owed “in the coming months.” Valdez has reportedly been paying off the taxes with incremental monthly payments ranging from $100 to $500.

More at:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2018/0...tic-nominee-governor-owes-12000-property-tax/

Is this really the best the dimocrats can do for a candidate? I can't believe she won her primary. I suppose I should be grateful, but still..........
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Imagine that.
    A Democrat that cheats on their taxes. Say it ain't so.

Kinda surprised we haven't heard how taxes are racist.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Maybe her campaign will appropriate Burt Lancaster's movie title.........

VALDEZ IS COMING!!

Valdez.jpg

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    According to the Houston Chronicle, the former Dallas County sheriff owes money on seven properties in two counties.

Lupe Valdez, who just this week secured the Democratic nomination for Texas governor, owes more than $12,000 in overdue property taxes from 2017, the Houston Chronicle reported Thursday.

Valdez, the former Dallas County sheriff, owes money on seven properties in two counties, according to the Chronicle. The paper also reported that she has several omissions on an official financial-disclosure report, which fails to list a Dallas property that she owns and gives incorrect names for two companies.

Valdez’s campaign told the Chronicle that she is paying the taxes off in installments and has “an agreement with the counties” to pay off the money owed “in the coming months.” Valdez has reportedly been paying off the taxes with incremental monthly payments ranging from $100 to $500.

More at:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2018/0...tic-nominee-governor-owes-12000-property-tax/

Is this really the best the dimocrats can do for a candidate? I can't believe she won her primary. I suppose I should be grateful, but still..........

Don't underestimate the brown, latino, people of color or whatever they call themselves today's vote.

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    She claims she was paying installments as she didn't have the money to pay on time but after the news ran with her delinquency, she was able to pay all her back taxes. She blamed Greg Abbott for not being able to pay her taxes as her rates were too high.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    She claims she was paying installments as she didn't have the money to pay on time but after the news ran with her delinquency, she was able to pay all her back taxes. She blamed Greg Abbott for not being able to pay her taxes as her rates were too high.
    Maybe she used campaign funds? Wouldn't be the first time someone used them for a personal purpose.

Top Bottom