• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We're looking at the Scala Cardo Q2 units. They're getting pretty good reviews in regards to bike to bike comm. And for the most part getting positive reviews getting synced up to GPS, phones, MP3 players, etc. What you do need to review before hand is research the compatability between the models you have to how they'd work with the Cardo unit.

The set can be pricey but getting a unit that works is worth it. Dont waste money jerry-rigging a system together. You'll waste money.

Gpz1100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    well i picked up a cardo scala rider - solo. sync'd up no problem. i'll have to wait to see if'n it mounts to my helmet properly, busy with work till sunday...q2, that's for 2 riders or rider/passender?

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Excellent, we're about to pick our set up as well. It does take a bit to get use to the ear phones and get it all wired in but once you do, you're good. We use to have another setup using Talk-abouts.

The Q2 model adds bike-to-bike capability. I've heard a group of 4 or 5 has been able to get synched up. That's pretty good! But for us, just 2 bikes works for random things. Especially since I can't pull hand signals without stunting or if we get separated in traffic.

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    I'd suggest you don't talk on the phone while riding a MC.
    We don't like cagers that do it, so why do you think it any safer just becuase you got BT? It won't hurt your caller to wait a while for you to get off the bike to take a call., and it might save your life.

FWIW, I've been riding now for 17 years and never had a phone call that couldn't wait until I was stopped.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    We don't like cagers that do it, so why do you think it any safer just becuase you got BT? It won't hurt your caller to wait a while for you to get off the bike to take a call., and it might save your life.

FWIW, I've been riding now for 17 years and never had a phone call that couldn't wait until I was stopped.

Killjoy

YouTube - Guy on motorcycle taking on the phone and sending text

Just kidding, I agree on the phones.

And the Blue Tooth technology is not just used for talking on the cell phone. It is also used for bike-to-bike comm as well as syncing up GPS and radio. While people haven't truly condemed listening to GPS directions or the radio while driving, they have frowned upon physically operating those electronics while driving. Ie...pull over, park and adjust, then get on the road again.

Personally radio would be nice to have to keep entertained on long, stale stretches (I sing in my helmet, who doesn't?), I don't like the distractions of anything except my thoughts when traffic requires watching and maneuvering like a hawk. We don't use phones when riding. They stay in the jacket or tank bag and don't get answered until we get home again or we stop for food.

Gpz1100

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX

cell phones don't cause accidents...irresponsible people do.

i'm on call 24/7. i can't afford to miss a call from work. yes i will pull over to talk, i just can't hear the ring or feel it vibrate when riding. talking to a passenger or the bike next to you is no more distracting than when you do it in a car or truck. done responsibly it's not a problem

i don't think you're a killjoy...maybe a 'buzzkill' or a 'ringkill'

Top Bottom