M&Pc vs XD40sx

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by 512Ram, Sep 12, 2009.

1. 512Ram

512Ram Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    So i'm looking for a CC, i'm a skinny guy and can't conceal my full size at all (butt sticks out too far).

I was set on the XD40c, went to cabela's and compared it to other compacts and i like the feel of the M&P compact a lot more!
    There were a couple other factors that changed my mind but i thought i'd ask here if anyone has any input on either of the two.

i actually would love to grab a springfield EMP but i could buy both the XD sub-compact and the M&P compact for the price of the EMP!

2. Tx_Av8tor

Tx_Av8tor New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Palestine
    I would like to see what others think on this as well. I personally like the feel of the m&p myself so you can put me on that side haha.

3. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    :patriot: I have an XD-9C, Model 26 & 27 Glock. Just bought a Kimber CDP and absolutely love the way it shoots and carries. Save yourself some time and money (in the long run) and buy the EMP 40 if Springfield is the way you want to go. Just my :2cents:.

4. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I like the M&P better. It is maybe just a little bit more compact overall, the grip is slimmer (which I prefer for carry), it is a more simplistic gun compared to the XDSC (no grip safety), etc. The cool thing I really like about the M&P is the Crimson Trace laser grip panels for them replace the backstrap and make for a very low profile yet effective setup if you ever want to go that route. It's much more low profile than some of the other setups (like for Glocks) that slip over the grip and stick out a bit more.

5. newshooter1970

newshooter1970 Member

Feb 1, 2009
    +1 for M&P...hard to go wrong with either, but I don't like the feel and shape of the XD for CC.

6. 512Ram

512Ram Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Central Texas
    The girp safety on the XDsc was actually a major issue against it. Its so deep in that i didn't push it in to rack it back and wouldn't want to deal with that in a bad situation.

also the butt was too short for my hand, my pinky was only half on it which wasn't comfortable. I know it also comes with a 2nd magazine that is extended but then the guy helping me out at cabelas pointed out that if i was to use the extended magazine that its jsut like using a full sized semi-auto with a shorter barrel.

The barrel is easy to conceal, but the butt sticking out is the problem.

I'm thinking get the M&P now, and maybe in 2 months or so, trade it in for an EMP when i get the other $500-600

7. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    DH carries an M&P9c and it pretty much disappears.

8. kfog

kfog Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    i like the feel of the m&pc as well. it actually shoots pretty dang good too (have a buddy who carries one)

travis don't you hate XD's with the passion of 1000 souls? haha

9. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Just bought my second XD Sub Compact .40 cal love it. So easy to conceal,will fire without issues, American Company and has a lifetime warranty. Plus it looks the best (im kidding) Did try the Mp and the Xd just felt better and beefier in a good way.

10. GM.Chief

GM.Chief Well-Known

Mar 16, 2009
    American company, but a Croatian gun...not made in USA...atleast not according to my XD