• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Even though some of these are technically made in other States, or travel out of State for finishing, it's cool to have a rifle that says it's made in TX. Here's the list of lowers I know about:

Larue
    Dreadnaught Industries
    High Standard
    Kenco Arms
    SOG
    Legion
    Lone Star Armory
    Scorpion Tactical
    Stillers Precision

What else is there?
    Military Camp

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I hear good things about Legion Firearms in Temple, TX. Not sure if they make lowers or just full weapons. Their pricing sucks IMO. For that much money I'd rather get a LaRue(or Noveske- but they're not Texan)

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    SOG out of Houston TX.
    larue_lower.jpg

DI15_left.jpg

HighStandardLowersBig.jpg

256hg6f.jpg

dsc09985.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

LF_billetlower_large.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    SOG Armory are good folks to deal with. I don't have any of their rifles, but I've visited their booths at gun shows and been to the store once, bought some stuff from them here and there. Their staff has always been friendly and good to deal with.

SPCHardin

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have a charging handle from SOG with an extended pull latch on it. The pin keeps wanting to come free of the latch. Irritating, but for the price, a great product.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Dreadnaught Industries sells a billet upper AND lower set for $300. But I have it on good authority that the owner does NOT drive a HUMVEE, nor does he own a helicopter ;)

Alex

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Dreadnaught Industries sells a billet upper AND lower set for $300. But I have it on good authority that the owner does NOT drive a HUMVEE, nor does he own a helicopter ;)

Alex

LOL, nice Alex.. I probably need to hit you up for a new upper and lower set when I get home from here... just got a 2 month Thailand vacation on the way home and I will be there mid Marchish...

Mooneys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Round Rock
    Even though some of these are technically made in other States, or travel out of State for finishing, it's cool to have a rifle that says it's made in TX. Here's the list of lowers I know about:

Larue
    Dreadnaught Industries
    High Standard
    Kenco Arms
    SOG
    Legion

What else is there?

There is another that is just getting started; Scorpion Tactical in Leander Texas. Currently they only have a few configurations but will build what every you like. They are planning on a line of accessories as well such as rails and handguards. They are machining the lowers in house but for now all the other components are sourced from the manufacturers. They also offer sequential S/N or Special S/N if you prefer. Laser Engraving is coming soon as well. If you have any questions give me a call. Here are a few pics of the Scorpion Tactical L2 Rifle configured with MAGPUL MOE Furniture.

ST_ST15MOE2.gif

ST_ST15MOE3.gif

ST_ST15MOE1-1.gif

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I don't understand why we don't see cast lowers. **** it, it's just the lower.
    I think a cast receiver would probably require more finishing work. It wouldn't really save any money, just move the cost from the initial tooling setup to the final stages of production. What I'd like to see is more polymer lowers. Magpul needs to get on that

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    There is another that is just getting started; Scorpion Tactical in Leander Texas. Currently they only have a few configurations but will build what every you like. They are planning on a line of accessories as well such as rails and handguards. They are machining the lowers in house but for now all the other components are sourced from the manufacturers. They also offer sequential S/N or Special S/N if you prefer. Laser Engraving is coming soon as well. If you have any questions give me a call. Here are a few pics of the Scorpion Tactical L2 Rifle configured with MAGPUL MOE Furniture.

ST_ST15MOE2.gif

ST_ST15MOE3.gif

ST_ST15MOE1-1.gif

I work in Leander at a cabinet shop , didnt know there were two gun shops in Leander?
    Yall sell stripped lowers?

Top Bottom