• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    is it ok to leave AR mags loaded? ive noticed with my USP mags if i leave them loaded for an extended period of time the slide wont lock back.
    Gun Zone Deals

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    no I mean the slide on my hk usp .45 it won't lock back if I leave the mag loaded for a long time. I was wondering if my ar mags will do the same

treyw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Central TX
    I guess it could. I try to switch out mags every so often to let the mags rest. On the HK, like alot of autos, if the spring is too weak to push the follower up to lock the slide it will fail to lock back.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    The old 1911 mags did this on me then I heard that its the cheaper or older metal and or process used to make them, cant remember the exact specifics, and it meant you needed to get a newer magazine. What I was told was good magazine springs should be able to stay fully compressed for long periods of time without losing its strength. The only thing that should cause a spring to lose its strength is heat so maybe your mags need to be replaced with higher quality ones. Not 100% sure.

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I know this is late in the game as far as timing goes, but I think this could answer your question. I left a Magpul AR-15 magazine that I loaded in mid-July back in Fort Worth with my brother, and didn't touch it again until yesterday when I went shooting. It fired fine, and the bolt locked to the rear when it was empty. I reloaded it and it fed just fine all over again. So, after four months of being locked up in an ammo box while loaded it worked just fine. No misfeeds and the bolt locked to the rear. Hope this helps you out HK.

Top Bottom