• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    On Tuesday, I saw Magnificent Seven at the cheap matinee show. On Tuesday, all tickets are $5.
    The flick was pretty good and it was a good investment in time and money!

The story is simple and it won't divulge anything if I share it with you. It's pretty predictable.

Mining town.
    Mine owner wants ALL of the property for his mining interests.
    He comes into town with some bad guys and orders the people from town to GTFO.
    To emphasize his point, his men kill a bunch of the innocent citizens.
    Some pack up and leave before the deadline but some want to stand and fight.
    A beautiful widow, hires the Wild bunch to oppose the nasty guys.
    The seven kill a bunch of the bad guys and send a message back to the Mine owner. It's not polite!
    The evil mine owner gathers an army and returns to the town to fight.

The story pretty well ends right there. The whole rest of the flick is a study about how to kill folks! If you can imagine a violent death, it's probably portrayed here. It goes on & on. We could make a haystack with the body count!

There was no sexual content, language was about normal for 2016 and there were buckets of blood. No one nailed the beautiful widow (Haley Bennett).

The flick had lots to offer besides killing. The "Seven" were the oddest bunch of misfits on Planet Earth! It was fun seeing the incredible odd fellows that made up the group.

Scenery was incredible. The set that made up the town, was extensive. They shot Hell out of it!

Haley Bennett is a babe!

Denzel made a pretty good tough guy!

I gave the movie a solid "A". I tired of the non stop killing, but I knew the nature of the movie before I entered the theater.

It's a good flick and you won't doze off. It will keep you hooked up!

Flash
    Lynx Defense

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    They tried to make the bad guy look like a product of capitalism when he's really just a thug, but after that the rest of the movie was great!

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Flash,

I know it is a re-make.

How does it compare to the original, or did the producers change the story line?

I thought the original "Magnificent Seven" was a masterpiece of a Western.

The trailer for the new movie uses a lot of "rap" and modern-day trash audio which seems out of place for the period.

Thanks for the review.

You deserve a movie review column on every national media page.

Be well.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks!
    I try to view the movies as stand alone stories. Each one should tell a whole story and not rely on the previous version. This one was pretty effective, started fresh, complete and started at square one.

The story was very simplistic: Stand up to the bad guys and you'll prevail! Of course, several hundred dead folks paid the price.

I suppose I shouldn't mention this, but I will.............
    The movie glorified killing and exemplifies what the folks who criticize movies gripe about. Got a problem with a guy? Kill him! That occurs over & over in this flick!

That's a sad message as each argument results in several dead folks. Then the victor, dusts off and walks away. Law? There isn't any and there are no repercussions. No muss, no fuss, no moral basis for decisions. Just kill them! GAG!

Flash

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    We went to see the movie last week and loved it. No, they didn't exactly stick to the original story line (of either Seven Samurai or the original Magnificent Seven), and that was probably the weakest part of the movie. However, it did stick with the same ideal that these guys are hired guns, not "good guys" and that ultimately they kinda fight more for themselves than for the town. Denzel is a great replacement for Yul Brenner. The opening credits aren't even done before the audience wants to kill the bad guy. There are some good laughs as well.

As we walked out, my wife remarked that it's nice to see a movie where the men are men and not modern-day wimps.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Flash,

I know it is a re-make.

How does it compare to the original, or did the producers change the story line?

I thought the original "Magnificent Seven" was a masterpiece of a Western.

The trailer for the new movie uses a lot of "rap" and modern-day trash audio which seems out of place for the period.

Thanks for the review.

You deserve a movie review column on every national media page.

Be well.

The trailer for the new one looks like they had an affirmative action committee cast it and then wrote the script around what they got.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    Thanks!
    I try to view the movies as stand alone stories. Each one should tell a whole story and not rely on the previous version. This one was pretty effective, started fresh, complete and started at square one.

The story was very simplistic: Stand up to the bad guys and you'll prevail! Of course, several hundred dead folks paid the price.

I suppose I shouldn't mention this, but I will.............
    The movie glorified killing and exemplifies what the folks who criticize movies gripe about. Got a problem with a guy? Kill him! That occurs over & over in this flick!

That's a sad message as each argument results in several dead folks. Then the victor, dusts off and walks away. Law? There isn't any and there are no repercussions. No muss, no fuss, no moral basis for decisions. Just kill them! GAG!

Flash

NOW you make it sound like something I'd watch.

Top Bottom