• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Saw a ruger 10/22 that was built by Magnum Research at a gun store in Midland. Have y'all seen these? Know anything about those?
    DK Firearms

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    They have been out for a while. I believe they are more or less a high performance 10/22. Magnum Research uses the 10/22 action and builds their own guns around it.

Besides the fact that they sure are pretty, meh.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Like this?

They built a pretty good gun, with lots of options. One of the few makers to build a factory .17HM2 based on the 10/22 action.

MRIMLR1722.gif

Joseph Bell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    Funny thing is that it was developed for the IDF to use as a precision rifle during crowd control. They use a low velocity round and a suppresser that hits the target with the force of a little more than a daisy bb rifle. I have heard stories of them being used to wound people in the legs, but not sure how true that it is. I would not put it past the IDF though. lol

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Any off the rack weapon is a compromise in some way or another. The 10-22 is no exception. With all the components available for the 10-22 platform, you can build one without using a single Ruger part. How accurate you want it is all up to how well you understand the platform and or how much you are willing to spend.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Funny thing is that it was developed for the IDF to use as a precision rifle during crowd control. They use a low velocity round and a suppresser that hits the target with the force of a little more than a daisy bb rifle. I have heard stories of them being used to wound people in the legs, but not sure how true that it is. I would not put it past the IDF though. lol

IDF did use integral suppressed 10/22s for crowd control. They'd kneecap instigators. There was a bit of a scandal over it because the instigators started dying from their wounds because they wouldn't seek treatment (gun shot wounds in the ER are reported just like here).

tbendtom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    hemphill, texas
    I have a Magnum Research as pictured by 9x19. I have had the pleasure of shooting this rifle for about 2yrs now and am continually amazed at the accuracy of this little rifle. I shoot it at 50yrds using cci standard vol. and wolf target, the results are constant 5 shot groups that would put this rifle in the wow category. If I knew how to post pictures on this site I could show you many 50 yard targets that most rounds touch each other. That is why I posted the thread about Tony Kidd's complete build accuracy. I am using his 2stage trigger and bolt in my Magnum Research; although I can't see much in the way of improvement in accuracy over the OEM, I can say that the parts by Kidd is top notch craftsman-ship.

Top Bottom