• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I've been using military contract mags in my AR since I got it and have only had one hick up in the last year and a half. Here lately everyone one I meet at the range lately have been telling to ditch my gi mags and switch to pmags. So I pose this question, are pmags really all they are cracked up to be or is it all just marketing hype?
    Military Camp

jt526

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Richardson
    They are pretty darn good. Mostly because you don't really have to worry about them getting banged up/crushed/bent feedlips. You can crack the feedlips (YouTube - PMag MRev Drop Test), but they are really resilient. For $13 bucks, give one a try. I've got aluminum and steel ones, and only use the pmags, the rest are in storage for a rainy day. Plastic doesn't get dinged up or scratches in any coating.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I think the neatest thing about pmags is the antitilt follower I replace all my gi mags followers with the pmag followers.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    I love mine. I currently have 8 P-Mags and am buying 2 or 3 each month to replace all my other magazines. Never had one fail to feed yet.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Well from all the comments I might have to purchase a few. I do agree with the magpul anti-tilt followers I have them in most of my gi mags (probably why I haven't had much trouble with gi mags)

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    You can get them for the Lr308 now too. That is a DPMS version of an AR10, for those that don't know.

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    look at mine
    gunstuff4-29-10017-1.jpg
    gunstuff4-29-10014-1.jpg

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    If you have the green GI follower, on an empty mag try this out, put a finger on the front of the follower and press down....then try to figure out how to get the follower un-stuck. ;) The green GI followers are trash. The GI mag tubes are fine if you replace the follower with a Magpul anti-tilt follower, though ultimately the P-mags are going to last longer. I've seen worn GI mags that aren't that old, yet the feed lips have already started spreading. Not to mention the P-mags are easily disassembled for cleaning. GI mags, the more you remove the base plate for cleaning, the weaker the metal "fingers" holding it on become and you're just asking for them to crack off.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I just ordered a three pack of pmags I'm going to give them a wirl. On a side note I just put a flat top on my ar and need a back up sight, any feedback on magpuls mbus?

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    PMags with the windows are AWESOME! I still have the old school USGI mags, but replaced with Magpul followers and Magpul Ranger bottoms. $16.95 each on Botach Tactical and Cheaper Than Dirt.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I've got a bunch of PMags. I also have about an equal number of GI style mags, but I haven't bought any in over a year, and probably haven't shot any in about that long.

Top Bottom