• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I heard he told the cops he was looking to see what types of reactions he could get. Could that be translated into "manner calculated to cause alarm"?
    If that's true, he's a special kind of dummy...

IMO, if you carry an AR-15 slung over your shoulder as shown in the picture, yes I think you are doing it to alarm folks.
    I would not jump to that conclusion, but that reminds me... I got one of these for Xmas ;)
    Academy - Tactical Performance™ Guitar Gun Case
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Looks like now the MDA is trying to attack Game Stop for allowing guns in their stores. Would you guys be so kind as to email Game Stop and let them know we support them following local laws regarding guns?

PublicRelations@GameStop.com

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    I heard he told the cops he was looking to see what types of reactions he could get. Could that be translated into "manner calculated to cause alarm"?

his first mistake: he talked to the cops. dont. do. that. And if you do, why the hell would you say something like that? he should have known this country is full of pussies who cant stomach the sight of a gun.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Yea, I'm trying to find at least one other source that says that. I just read it in the first news article I saw about this. I don't remember which one it was to quote it and I can't find it anymroe, so I'm wondering if his lawyer isn't on top of that. lol

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    Looks like now the MDA is trying to attack Game Stop for allowing guns in their stores. Would you guys be so kind as to email Game Stop and let them know we support them following local laws regarding guns?

PublicRelations@GameStop.com

Jeremy like me there might be a few who are bad with wordings, can we have a template of email which looks professional and polite ?

Thanks

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    his first mistake: he talked to the cops. dont. do. that. And if you do, why the hell would you say something like that? he should have known this country is full of $#@! who cant stomach the sight of a gun.

Sorry, but in such a situation talking to the police is pretty much unavoidable. What you probably mean is don't say stupid shit to the cops!

The video of CJ Grisham's arrest is a case in point, he acted like an ass and his situation went downhill because of it. Much like the moron in Katy who used a racial slur in his video on the "knockout" incident he was involved in, such stupid remarks led to Federal charges against him.

As the old military saying goes, never pass up the opportunity to keep your big mouth shut!

Had he simply answered the questions by the police and not make "a statement;" he may have avoided arrest. I believe this comment is why he was, even though I agree it's a bogus charge considering how he was carrying the rifle slung across his back!

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Jeremy like me there might be a few who are bad with wordings, can we have a template of email which looks professional and polite ?

Thanks

The email I sent in was a few paragraphs long and more trying to let gamestop know what type of people the MDA is run by so they knew not to trust them. I tried coming up with a good blanket statement, but I was having a hard time. I came up with a decent starter you can use, and then just put in your own opinion as a follower.

To whom it may concern:

I recently found out that the group "Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America", (or MDA, for short) has launched a campaign to make your company crack down on guns. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for letting your local law makers handle this issue and simply following the local laws.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    TXI, how does the anonymous accusation of someone not violate a persons 6th amendment? Not being a smart alec I'm interested in your thoughts.

Calling 911 and reporting perceived offense or suspicious activity should have legal consequence for the caller? Really? I see a guy looking into cars in my parking lot at 0330, call the police and report a suspicious person. Cops come out and find out it was actually security. I should somehow be liable for that?

If you are referring filing a criminal complaint, well a person already must ID for that.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I don't mean the person reporting the crime should face a penalty (if done in good faith). I mean they should be forced to be present for any trial so the accused can rebut their account directly in court.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't mean the person reporting the crime should face a penalty (if done in good faith). I mean they should be forced to be present for any trial so the accused can rebut their account directly in court.

I agree depending on the type of offense. Some offenses require a victim to testify, some do not. If I report a suspicious person looking into cars and the cops come out and catch him breaking in, or with fruits of a crime, should I have to testify? If I see a drunk staggering down the roadway and report him, and the cops come out and hook him for Public Intox, All I did is report a suspicious person. Same as if I report a knucklehead walking around the mall with a rifle. If the cops come out and develop PC for an arrest they don't need me.

Top Bottom