• ...and so much more!
  • RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Man caught trying to board flight with loaded handgun - Yahoo! News

KANSAS CITY, Mo (Reuters) - A man trying to board a Delta Airlines flight in Kansas City with a loaded handgun was charged on Thursday with carrying a concealed weapon, authorities said.Anthony Winn, 26, of Kansas City was caught by a security screener Wednesday with what appeared to be a gun in his carry-on bag, according to U.S. Attorney Beth Phillips of the Western District of Missouri.
    Officers at the airport found a loaded 9 millimeter Glock handgun with 23 live rounds of ammunition, including one in the chamber, said a criminal complaint filed Thursday. Police also found $4,906 in Winn's pants pockets and $26,515 in three pairs of jeans in his carry-on bag.
    Winn said he was bringing the bag to a friend in Arizona and did not know it contained a gun.
    He was charged with having a concealed handgun in his bag and with being a felon in possession of a firearm. Winn has two prior felony burglary convictions and a conviction for unlawful use of a weapon, authorities said.
    Winn was bound for Minneapolis and then Tuscon, according to the case documents.
    U.S. Attorney spokesman Don Ledford said authorities believe Winn had "no terrorist motives or connections."
    He is being held in federal custody as he awaits a detention hearing on January 3.

Fail. Also I wasn't aware they made 22-round 9mm magazines for a Glock. Maybe I'm wrong.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Of course you never know about the details with the way the media reports but maybe the mag was just partially loaded? Sounds to me that he was just a dumbass crook transporting some money and didn't even think about his "gat". I realize in our civilized society of today this is all just "alleged" at this point, but sounds like he needs some more time off the streets!

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    One day I am going to be on a jury and a case like this is going to come up and I am going to get to hang the jury.
    Yea, he broke an unconstitutional law. If everyone was brave enought to do that this country would noy be in half the mess we are in.

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    One day I am going to be on a jury and a case like this is going to come up and I am going to get to hang the jury.
    Yea, he broke an unconstitutional law. If everyone was brave enought to do that this country would noy be in half the mess we are in.

good post

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas

Sorry I don't understand you post.

Is your feeling that you should be allowed to carry a weapon on your person, or in accessible baggage, while on a flight?

Are you arguing that a convicted felon, with another conviction for unlawful use of a weapon, should be allowed to own and carry a firearm?

He was charged with having a concealed handgun in his bag and with being a felon in possession of a firearm. Winn has two prior felony burglary convictions and a conviction for unlawful use of a weapon, authorities said.

Just curious.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Sure, we should all break laws we don't agree with; society will be a much better place if everyone did that! :banghead:

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    Sure, we should all break laws we don't agree with; society will be a much better place if everyone did that! :banghead:

i think he was just talking about it being an unconstitutional law, not just a law that he didnt agree with. at least thats the way i took it.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville

Fail. Also I wasn't aware they made 22-round 9mm magazines for a Glock. Maybe I'm wrong.

I have a Glock 17 and a Kel Tec Sub 2000, carbine. They both use the same mag. I have some 33 round mags, some 16 and some 10. The Glock looks some funny with the 33 round mag in place but it does work and feeds well

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I wasn't aware they made 22-round 9mm magazines for a Glock.

Re-read it.

found a loaded 9 millimeter Glock handgun with 23 live rounds of ammunition, including one in the chamber,

It said he had 23 rounds. No where did it say it was a completely full magazine, or that is was a 22 round magazine. Unlike how most of us carry our handguns, it was probably not full. So he could have had a 33 round magazine and he "spent" the other 10 rounds in the process of acquiring the $31,421 he was in possession of.

Another possibility was that it had a normal magazine and he had some lose rounds in the bag also. Probably a detail they did not deem important enough to waste space on.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    i think he was just talking about it being an unconstitutional law, not just a law that he didnt agree with. at least thats the way i took it.
    The law is not unconstitutional because someone does not like it. In fact, the Supreme Court has ruled that reasonable restrictions ARE constitutional.

What is unreasonable is to decide ahead of the fact that one would rule any way when serving on a jury. Especially when one would prevent a conviction of a man trying to get one a commercial airliner when that man is already a criminal.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Re-read it.

It said he had 23 rounds. No where did it say it was a completely full magazine, or that is was a 22 round magazine. Unlike how most of us carry our handguns, it was probably not full. So he could have had a 33 round magazine and he "spent" the other 10 rounds in the process of acquiring the $31,421 he was in possession of.

Another possibility was that it had a normal magazine and he had some lose rounds in the bag also. Probably a detail they did not deem important enough to waste space on.

That would require not jumping to pre-determined conclusions.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Or we can assume, based off of previous experiences with the media, that it may have in fact, not been a 9mm Glock. Just sayin'.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Sad thing is that this total moron only makes the rest of us who enjoy firearms look bad. I'm sure the anti-gun nuts will immediately make the jump to "they are all like that". The way the tail wags the dog these days, it sure doesn't help us.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Of course you never know about the details with the way the media reports but maybe the mag was just partially loaded? Sounds to me that he was just a dumbass crook transporting some money and didn't even think about his "gat". I realize in our civilized society of today this is all just "alleged" at this point, but sounds like he needs some more time off the streets!

More than one mag, or a mag and loose ammo in some combination.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems like I remember some questions pertainin to the owner of the bags and who packed them last time i was at the airport, considering the previous convictions I am going to assume he was up to no good and not just a moron.

He was a moron who was up to no good.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston

We should all take a very hard and long look at the bill of rights. In this case the second, fourth and tenth ammendments and ask ourselves if the constitution and more importantly the bill of rights is truley the highest law in the land are all other statutes null and void? Is the second ammendment the law or some "Jim crow" law?

It is the duty of the supreme court to uphold the constitution as it is the duty of the people.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I believe it was Ron White who said "you can't fix stupid", but can anyone refresh my memory on who made the rule and when it became a crime to carry a personal weapon on an airplane? I would bet the poor folks on flight 92 wished there had been one or two on that plane.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom