APOD Firearms

Man charged with attempted assassination.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    He was probably carrying another one of Holder's fast n furious mistakes ... if so, you'll never hear the truth.

I think I was instructed to never say the bho admin makes mistakes

Oh well, F' em

GoofyCracker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Houston
    Sucks to be him oh well.....

Why would any one person attempt to take shots at the White House?

White House is a fortress I visited it while on active duty, OMG it would take an Army to get inside when they lock it down.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Very little information has been forthcoming concerning the Whitehouse being shot at....We know the accused has a Hispanic name, and that one bullet hit a bullet proof window, between the tight lipped Governmant concerning the incident and the loose lipped liberal news media The American public is in the dark.
    We do know that possessing a firearm in Washington DC likely is considered a worse crime than having a pound of heroin or cocaine or mugging and robbing people and we are very certain that the accused will be put behind bars forever, and we suspect that no fame seeking attorney will "get him off" with a tap on the wrist! But where is the news ?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    A drive by on the White House with an AK? I don't advocate violence but if he was so serious about it he should have come up with a better plan than that. I can see him watching Friday, puffing on a fatty, then rolling up on the White House. "I'm gonna smoke that foo"

I'm glad most crazies are idiots, it's the smart crazies that end up causing serious trouble.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    This incident is all we need to have scumbags like Pelosi, Feinstein, and Clinton renew calls for gun restrictions. Wonderful................

They're already pretty much illegal in DC not sure what else they could restrict. Yet, despite all the restrictions he still hit the White House with AK spray. Pretty effective laws there.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Regardless of ones opinion of the current man in office, taking shots at the White House is serious. Based on what I heard on news reports yesterday, this guy wanted to kill Obama. The charge was actually "Attempting to assasinate the President or members of his staff".

Appropriate considering.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Why can't I be on a jury when one of these cases comes up?
    Attempted assassination... I think this might be a form of freedom of speech.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    How are you going to charge someone with Attempted Assassination when the person you are saying he tried to kill wasn't even in the country when the shots rang out?

I watched an interview with a former Secret Service Agent who addressed this question. His answer was whether or not the target was home is irrelevant. Its whats in the shooters head that counts. He wanted to kill the target and took action to do so.

I can agree this argument.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Makes sense. We already have thought crime in the form of hate crime. It just the logical progression of illogical laws.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I watched an interview with a former Secret Service Agent who addressed this question. His answer was whether or not the target was home is irrelevant. Its whats in the shooters head that counts. He wanted to kill the target and took action to do so.

I can agree this argument.

If he truly wanted to kill him why would he spray 9 rounds out of an AK from 800 yards away with 2 rounds striking the building when the man was not even in the country. I know some of you are going to tell me to put on my foil hat, but this is not the first time shot have been fired at government buildings when other big gun issues (pro-gun) are being discussed near by.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Makes sense. We already have thought crime in the form of hate crime. It just the logical progression of illogical laws.

The charge also includes the President's staff. It is a proper charge.

I think if this were a Republican President under the EXACT same circumstances opinions here would be different.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    If he truly wanted to kill him why would he spray 9 rounds out of an AK from 800 yards away with 2 rounds striking the building when the man was not even in the country. I know some of you are going to tell me to put on my foil hat, but this is not the first time shot have been fired at government buildings when other big gun issues (pro-gun) are being discussed near by.

I think we rule out much intelligence on the part of the shooter.

He's either crazy and stupid or just incredibly stupid. I'm betting on the crazy and stupid.

Seriously, Guys. This nut took potshots at the White House. I don't care if I didn't vote for the guy who lives there.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    We have a government that in an effort to bolster the support for gun control allowed thousands of weapons to be transferred to people who were not allowed to legally own them knowing full well that most of them would be smuggled out of the country. Even after there have been several documented murders of LEOs from the very firearms not counting what undocumented murders/crimes were committed with them, no one is going to go to jail and these same government gun control pushers are now say that mistakes were made, but we still need to strengthen gun control.

That is fact. To think that the same people could not get one nutjob to take pot shots at the WH with an AK47 (the very poster child for gun control) when the president would be in no real danger to advance the same cause is a logic fail.

Not saying I believe that is what happened here, BUT to dismiss the possibility as "tinfoil hat" stuff would be naive.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Interesting Rum Runner. The AK he used, they will prob say wasnt part of the Gun Running program to help take heat of them. Of course thats if your theory is correct.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I doubt this was a "gun runner/fast and furious" gun, I was just making the point that if they'd do that, why not this. You don't even have to think "Arlington Road". How hard would it be for somone trained in psyops to convince a nutbag that hates Obummer to take his rifle and "Do it for your country".

Again...not saying i think it happend here....just saying pondering the idea is not tinfoil hatish.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    Yes this definitely smells like a false flag. Even metally disturbed idiots can get close enough for a shot (Mark Chapman - John Lennon and John Hinckley - Reagan). I've been trying to track the information on this story and as mentioned before, there is little information out there. What has been told seems odd and disjointed.

I doubt this was a "gun runner/fast and furious" gun, I was just making the point that if they'd do that, why not this. You don't even have to think "Arlington Road". How hard would it be for somone trained in psyops to convince a nutbag that hates Obummer to take his rifle and "Do it for your country".

Again...not saying i think it happend here....just saying pondering the idea is not tinfoil hatish.

Top Bottom