• ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Man fatally shoots self during gun safety lesson - WNEM TV 5

A 36-year-old Michigan man is dead after shooting himself in the head while teaching a girlfriend how to handle pistols.
    The Oakland County sheriff's office says alcohol appears to have been a factor in the man's death Sunday night in hisIndependence Township home, northwest of Detroit.
    His name wasn't immediately released.
    The woman tells police her boyfriend had been drinking most of the day before showing her how to use his three handgun sand demonstrating they were safe when empty.
    Police say he placed the first two guns to his head and pulled the triggers once each, but the third gun fired. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
    The county medical examiner is conducting an autopsy.
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    We can make jokes and learn lessons from this sort of thing. What's on my mind, though, is the girlfriend. Yeah, he was drunk and doing something stupid. I grant that. But his girlfriend presumably cared for him. To see someone you care about put a bullet in their own head must rank among the least-pleasant experiences life can serve up to us. My heart goes out to her.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    We can make jokes and learn lessons from this sort of thing. What's on my mind, though, is the girlfriend. Yeah, he was drunk and doing something stupid. I grant that. But his girlfriend presumably cared for him. To see someone you care about put a bullet in their own head must rank among the least-pleasant experiences life can serve up to us. My heart goes out to her.

This^^^^ man thats going to be a true hurdle to jump

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Agree

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Feel bad for the GF, but it doesn't sound like she's picking from the top of the gene pool.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.

+1......very sad story.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Agreed.

The Oakland County sheriff's office says alcohol appears to have been a factor in the man's death
    I believe it has already been said, but clearly alcohol and firearms don't mix well.

Top Bottom