Manhattan Declaration

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by oldguy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    I would like to hear what you all think of this, I find it interesting.

http://manhattandeclaration.org/

2. Jeff B

Jeff B Active Member

May 28, 2008
    Flower Mound, TX
    I heard about it on Huckabee. I too find it an intriguing concept. I need to sit down with a coffee in the morning and read it thoroughly when I'm fresh.

Get back to you when Ican speak semi-intelligently.

Jeff B.

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    O'Reilly touched on the subject tonight. I am in complete agreement and signed the declaration.

4. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    Boy is this going to be a hot potato. I see the potential for a flame war about religion coming....

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I do not agree with the dogma associated with the work. I believe religion as a whole to be just another tool to deny freedom to others on the basis of what it teaches. There is a reason why this country was founded upon the ideal of a separated church and state, and that is because the Church, and thus religion, is utilized as a tool to suppress people. The Founders did not want this to occur.

I think it's fine for people to uphold Christian morals, or to use it as their own compass. That is their right as an American, but it is equally my right to deny the same guidelines if I so choose. After all, this country is not comprised solely of Christians, and yet the modern political crusade is out to cram it's ideals down the throats of everyone else. I believe in equal rights, but not preferential treatment; a refusal to adhere to either is unconstitutional in my opinion.

6. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair

Fixed it for ya :happy0001:

7. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    I believe it's a good idea and long over due,we have an administration and groups from the left cramming an agenda down our throats and this may be a peaceful way of halting or containing the process.

8. TrailDust

TrailDust TGT Addict

Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    ^

These are some great words!