• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Weekday evenings for me. If it's the weekend, it'd have to be in the morning to early afternoon. Does Shoot Smart let you shoot NFA? I've got an SBR and suppressor along with a couple of H&K Tacticals I'd like to bring

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Weekday evenings for me. If it's the weekend, it'd have to be in the morning to early afternoon. Does Shoot Smart let you shoot NFA? I've got an SBR and suppressor along with a couple of H&K Tacticals I'd like to bring

Last time I asked they said yes in a private lane.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    If no one minds a pair of FNGs showing up (and if the fee isn't too high), I'll see if my dad and I can work things out so we can join in. Only real issue is that it's gotta be a weekend, and we'll need at least a week's advance notice so he can tweak his work schedule.

What should we bring, too? Just long guns, or could I bring along my Beretta M9 and Ruger P95?

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Can you shoot steel case on the private range?

I have yet to find a range that doesn't allow steel-case ammo. However, steel-core is generally a no-go at an indoor range (and some outdoor ones as well, IIRC) because it tends to rip right through backstops.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Nuts, Shoot Smart doesn't allow you to shoot steel cased ammo. What a bummer, that's the only .308 and .223/5.56 ammo I have right now :( Unless one of y'all want to sell me yours for a reasonable price :D

Last edited:

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Why the hell won't they let you use steel-case? That's just never made sense to me.

And don't feel bad, kabob. That rule means I can't use 99% of my 7.62x39. All I've got that's brass-cased is a 20 round box of American Eagle FMJ.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    A lot of the steel cased stuff has steel in the projectile. Ricochet are your enemy.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    And aside from ricochet, steel core/tip tear up the backstops, both indoor and outdoor ranges. It costs money for those to be installed and maintained. After that, it's a liability. And with ranges in any metro area, antis are just waiting for a range to attract attention from bullets that escape. That's how places get shut down.

As for steel case, meh. ;)

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Nuts, Shoot Smart doesn't allow you to shoot steel cased ammo. What a bummer, that's the only .308 and .223/5.56 ammo I have right now :( Unless one of y'all want to sell me yours for a reasonable price :D

Actually, Shoot Smart does not care what the case is made out of. The bullet cannot be steel tip, core, etc. The problem is that about 80% of steel case is also steel tip or core.

Edit, I see that has been covered......

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Little late on the pick-up there :P

Anyway. Someone drop me a PM when we get a date set for this. Gonna need to know how much cash to set aside too. Was looking at Shoot Smart's website, couldn't find the fees for group/party sessions.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom