• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <<

We are now in the earliest days of Mardi Gras Season; and crawfish crops are almost ready for our boilers

I just saw that another tourist was shot & killed in the N O French Quarter. . . . . . .

If you desire to participate, or just watch, some options are Galveston or Lafayette/Lake Charles/Thibodaux.

While those smaller cities don’t offer continuous celebrations, their parades are as nice, foods are better/cheaper, & your personal safety is so much better.

They all have websites with schedules.

Stay safe !

<>
    Target Sports

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Years ago we stayed in one of the old plantation homes in Natchez, MS for Mardi Gras. It reminded me of the way Mardi Gars was when I was a kid in Slidell, LA. Not sure if they still do it in Natchez but if they are, that might be a good place also.

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Back in 2011 a bunch of us got the royal treatment in New Orleans for Mardi Gras weekend....Friday night a private party on a 2nd floor bar with a great balcony on Bourbon Street then Saturday night it was the Endymion Extravaganza...it was CRAZY!! Guys in tuxes, ladies in formal dress, etc...Pat Benatar was the headliner...it's held at the Convention Center...just absolutely crazy!! What a weekend! I remember (barely) walking barefoot through my bottle of broken scotch (Oban) and not really caring about my bloody feet...that was kind of weird...LOL

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    How is Mobile, AL these days? There was a time when they could reasonably argue they did Mardi Gras better than New Orleans.
    Back around 2000, the ship I was on was scheduled to be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and we got redirected to Mobile the week before. We were all extremely pissed off until we got there. That was by far the best Mardi Gras experience I’ve ever had.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Been to New Orleans twice.
    The first thing I saw when entering the French Quarter was a man bumping into a tourist and walking away with his wallet.
    I spent the rest of the day with my hands in my pockets guarding my possessions.

The second time my daughter wanted to meet the wife and I there for dinner at some well known place. A little better the second time, but still it was overcrowded and overall not impressed.

No interest at all in Mardi Gras.
    I guess I just prefer the solotude of my quietplace in the woods.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Been to New Orleans twice.
    The first thing I saw when entering the French Quarter was a man bumping into a tourist and walking away with his wallet.
    I spent the rest of the day with my hands in my pockets guarding my possessions.

The second time my daughter wanted to meet the wife and I there for dinner at some well known place. A little better the second time, but still it was overcrowded and overall not impressed.

No interest at all in Mardi Gras.
    I guess I just prefer the solotude of my quietplace in the woods.
    I was taught to put your wallet in your front pocket when walking anywhere it's crowded.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Years ago we stayed in one of the old plantation homes in Natchez, MS for Mardi Gras. It reminded me of the way Mardi Gars was when I was a kid in Slidell, LA. Not sure if they still do it in Natchez but if they are, that might be a good place also.
    My P GG GF founded Slidell w/ John Slidell & 2 Plantation Owners. You’d recognize the name.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpeg
      IMG_0064.jpeg
      32.4 KB · Views: 28

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Mobile invented our style of Mardi Gras.
    My parents always told me that. I was born in Mobile. But I wasn't going to say it first because when I do there's always someone ready to pounce and pronounce me either mistaken or a liar.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Or you could go to 6th Street in Austin and see homeless defecating on sidewalks, drunk college students vomiting on same piles of excrement while pissing their pants and a whole lot of titties that you probably do not want to see

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Or you could go to 6th Street in Austin and see homeless defecating on sidewalks, drunk college students vomiting on same piles of excrement while pissing their pants and a whole lot of titties that you probably do not want to see
    Another good reason I don't plan to visit Austin again.

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2023
    Lufkin, TX
    This is more of my version of mardi gras that I grew up with. Everyone gathers for a run to pick up fixings for supper given by the community and at the end of the run a gumbo or something similar is cooked and a Block party is had. These are more in Mamou, Eunice, Kinder, Lake Aurthur, Gueydan areas.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    You paint an enticing picture. Chamber of Commerce wants you.

Top Bottom