Hurley's Gold

Match grade. 22 ammo - where to get it locally?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Traveling from Huntsville to Pearland today via I45 & Hwy 288. Anyone know where I can get some quality 22 ammo along this route? Prefferably Lapua but I'm open to others.
    Appreciate any help.
    DK Firearms

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I gave up trying to find specialty ammunition around Houston and order it from Midway. Our gun shops seem to give little thought to what they stock.

Flash

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I don't know what other's rates are but Texas1911 charges me only $2.50 to start a thread ~ this is my last hooray. Lol

I hear ya Flash, I've been to a ton of places around greater Houston and haven't found any yet. If nothing good comes of this thread today I'll order online. Thanks

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am guessing you have tried the usual places like Wally World and Academy? I doubt they will have Lapua but may have some kind of match ammo. Any Cabela's, Bass Pro, or Gander Mountains or even Dick's (pun intended hahaha) on your path?

I know it isn't much help or very specific to that area but those are the places I would look.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    No Dick's on my path <one finger salute> or Cabela's, all others have been visited and stock ammo for the masses only. Tks

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have heard Tomball Pawn and Gun Collectors (or whatever it is called) are bigger stores. I haven't been to either so I really don't know. Might get lucky though.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think you are correct on gun show. I'll have to look into that. Tks

I was at Collectors Firearms last weekend (HUGE store) and they didn't have any.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I think I'm probably the most qualified local to ask, and the news ain't good. I am not aware of ANY retail location selling "match" grade 22 ammo. The closest you can find is Gander Mt sells Wolf and Bass Pro sells the re-manufactured Eley under the label "Remington Eley". Both sell them for waaaaay more than they are worth. As for Lapua, this is the best place I found to buy it:

Lapua 22 Ammo - 22 rimfire ammunition, match grade accuracy by Lapua with new X-ACT, Midas+, Center-X, Pistol King, and Polar Biathlon 22 ammo

Call ahead and make sure they are in-stock. When I ordered I received a back-order notification, but in 3 days the product shipped.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    OK, I FINALLY get it! You're jackin with me. Lol

No (not this time anyways). Just searching and trying to help. I haven't been down that way in a while.

If I was messing with you I would suggest Tactical Firearms in Katy. I know they have every brand of match grade .22 ammo ever made.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think I'm probably the most qualified local to ask, and the news ain't good. I am not aware of ANY retail location selling "match" grade 22 ammo. The closest you can find is Gander Mt sells Wolf and Bass Pro sells the re-manufactured Eley under the label "Remington Eley". Both sell them for waaaaay more than they are worth. As for Lapua, this is the best place I found to buy it:

Lapua 22 Ammo - 22 rimfire ammunition, match grade accuracy by Lapua with new X-ACT, Midas+, Center-X, Pistol King, and Polar Biathlon 22 ammo

Call ahead and make sure they are in-stock. When I ordered I received a back-order notification, but in 3 days the product shipped.

I've tried Eley, it's no more consistant than CCI. Have you tried Lapua Midas? Cheaper than X-Act and I'm reading just as accurate. Thanks for the link Scott.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    No (not this time anyways). Just searching and trying to help. I haven't been down that way in a while.

If I was messing with you I would suggest Tactical Firearms in Katy. I know they have every brand of match grade .22 ammo ever made.

I thought you were adding the name a different store each post you've heard mentioned by Houston area types.
    I heard a Tactical Firearms commercial this morning but it was on the station where all that hullabolu took place. Had to laugh a little.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I haven't found much locally either, hell a lot of the stores don't even have standard velocity CCI.

Glockster - Have you tried the usual "bulk" stuff to find one your gun likes? My 10/22 was surprisingly accurate with winchester western. I've got some blazer to try out and some federal too. Just buy the 50ct boxes for $2/ea. Buuut if you want true match ammo, gonna have to order it.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Yeah Gramps, I've tried at least half a dozen different mfg's of "good" ammo plus bulk stuff. The gun is a tack driver I'm sure. I can stack 4-6 and then have 1 up to 1" out. I can admit to myself when I pull a shot but there's many times when I'm confident I didn't but still have the flier. I'm looking for much better consistency.

If I had never found TGT I wouldn't be spending all this money trying to punch a hole in a piece of paper. It's y'alls fault I'm poor.

Top Bottom