• ...and so much more!
  • ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    I’m a fan, of at least the first two movies.
    Didn’t really care much for the third.

But this 4th installment looks pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1996 I was with DEC and had been working with Mass Illusions (a studio which did a lot of the shots of the city in Judge Dredd). I’d gotten our server guys and the workstation guys to put together a couple of Alpha chip powered systems. When we got there everyone was walking around outside of the back of the sound stage. There was a rig with IIRC 16 35mm SLR cameras in a big spiral. A guy in an orange pilot’s suit stepped into pair of lace up boots which had hinges on the heels. The director shouted roll em and the guy fell backwards onto a air bag. The guys I was working with at the studio said it was creating something called “bullet time”. That is how Agent Smith dodged the bullets. We had to sign an NDA since the patent hadn’t been granted yet. The two brothers were watching intensely. There were video cameras which gave a crude version of the effect. Not nearly as cool as the filmed version.
    Texas SOT

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    1996 I was with DEC and had been working with Mass Illusions (a studio which did a lot of the shots of the city in Judge Dredd). I’d gotten our server guys and the workstation guys to put together a couple of Alpha chip powered systems. When we got there everyone was walking around outside of the back of the sound stage. There was a rig with IIRC 16 35mm SLR cameras in a big spiral. A guy in an orange pilot’s suit stepped into pair of lace up boots which had hinges on the heels. The director shouted roll em and the guy fell backwards onto a air bag. The guys I was working with at the studio said it was creating something called “bullet time”. That is how Agent Smith dodged the bullets. We had to sign an NDA since the patent hadn’t been granted yet. The two brothers were watching intensely. There were video cameras which gave a crude version of the effect. Not nearly as cool as the filmed version.

Very cool!

I recall reading up on how they filmed bullet time back in the day, because it was so revolutionary and no one had seen it before.

In my former career I worked at large ad agencies, automotive accounts, so I bet our paths (within a degree or two of separation) may have crossed at some point…automakers have the money to shoot a crapload of commercials so we worked with a lot of various production companies.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    Very cool!

I recall reading up on how they filmed bullet time back in the day, because it was so revolutionary and no one had seen it before.

In my former career I worked at large ad agencies, automotive accounts, so I bet our paths (within a degree or two of separation) may have crossed at some point…automakers have the money to shoot a crapload of commercials so we worked with a lot of various production companies.

Later, The studio packed up and moved to CA in the middle of the night. Alameda onto the old navy base. They took a couple of servers with them. I found the phone # of a guy and told him it qualified as grand theft. Ooops. They made sure I had full access to the new studio. They gave me an invite to their Oscar party, but I (Compaq) was hosting the Writers Guild party so I didn’t go.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Scene a few reviews by people I tend to agree with. Not looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Looking forward to the all out war that will be John Wick, The final chapter.

Just hope they find a way to step up the intensity one more time.
    Agree. Needs to be more like the first than the last; stop with all the sub plots and just fight it out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Agree. Needs to be more like the first than the last; stop with all the sub plots and just fight it out.

Didn’t care much for the desert trek, but overall I found all 3 enjoyable. Last one caught me off guard with the twist at the end. Not real sure about the bird man though, character seems a little too “Morpheus” for me.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Scene a few reviews by people I tend to agree with. Not looking good.

My son saw it, we're both fans of the first film, disliked the 2nd and 3rd.

He says this one is awful, so I won't bother.

As far as John Wick 4, I heard the release is delayed a year to 2023 instead of Memorial Day weekend next year.

Some speculate that Tom Cruise's Top Gun sequel for the same weekend pushed JW4 away :green:., something I doubt.

Lumberjack98

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Katy
    I must be in the minority. I really enjoyed Resurrection. Nostalgic and new. Entertaining for sure.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    The first is still on my list of all time favorite movies. The second and third I didn’t care for too much. They should have released the fourth movie 15 years ago. No way I could take this new movie seriously after so much time had passed and the actors aged so much. Kind of like watching that last Indiana Jones or Rocky movie.

Top Bottom