• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Last day for House to consider 2nd Reading Senate Bills on Daily or Supp Calendar.

House May hear 3rd reading passage of SB 17 (Teacher Gun Training) today or tomorrow

SB 17 Patrick / et al.
    SP: Fletcher
    Relating to the training in school safety of certain educators of a school district or an open-enrollment charter school authorized to carry a concealed handgun on school premises.

Chron.com : House approves gun training for some teachers

House Calendars
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Calendars/CalendarsByDate.aspx?Chbr=H

====================================================

Senate ... expect Campus Carry IF we can get 21 Senators behind it.

Intent Calendar

NOTICE OF INTENT
    TuesdayMay 21, 2013
    http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Calendars/CurrentCalendar.aspx?Chbr=S&Code=S1

HB 3142 (LC)
    Bell SP: Estes
    Relating to handguns used to demonstrate proficiency in handgun use for purposes of obtaining a concealed handgun license.
    Committee report printed and distributed 08:58 PM, 05/17/13

Does away with the 2 categories of licenses [Revolver and SA] ( On Local & Consent for today )

Text http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Text.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB3142

Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Douva

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2013
    Last day for House to consider 2nd Reading Senate Bills on Daily or Supp Calendar.

House May hear 3rd reading passage of SB 17 (Teacher Gun Training) today or tomorrow

SB 17 Patrick / et al.
    SP: Fletcher
    Relating to the training in school safety of certain educators of a school district or an open-enrollment charter school authorized to carry a concealed handgun on school premises.

Chron.com : House approves gun training for some teachers

House Calendars
    Texas Legislature Online - House Calendars by Date

====================================================

Senate ... expect Campus Carry IF we can get 21 Senators behind it.

Intent Calendar

NOTICE OF INTENT
    TuesdayMay 21, 2013
    Notice of Intent for 5/21/2013
    HB 3142 (LC)Bell SP: Estes
    Relating to handguns used to demonstrate proficiency in handgun use for purposes of obtaining a concealed handgun license.

Does away with the 2 categories of licenses [Revolver and SA] ( On Local & Consent for today )

Text Texas Legislature Online - 83(R) Text for HB 3142

For all intents and purposes, today is the last day that HB 972 can receive an initial floor vote (second reading) in the Senate. If it doesn't happen today, the bill is dead.

Unfortunately, at this time, it looks like the Democrats are going to block it. Sadly, in its third session before the Texas Legislature, campus carry finally became a partisan issue.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    yes .... Sen Ellis intends to filibuster if we get the 21 and it gets to the floor

I can't help but to wonder...if ever the day a student decided to ignore tha law and carry their gun for self protection, would he/she still be charged, tried, and convicted if he/she had to use that gun to defend their life? What about to stop a mass shooting? If I were a student at VA Tech when the psycho shot the place up, I'd probably rather have a gun on me, law or no law. I wonder how that would play out if a mass shooter with intent to kill as many people as possible, were stopped by someone carrying a firearm in a gun free zone.

I just can't wrap my mind around how seeing 17 of your class mates shot, then being shot yourself 4 times, can make you turn into an anti campus carry advocate (Colin Goddard, VA Tech victim/survivor, now a bigtime anti gunner). Idk call me crazy, but if I had survived something like that, I'd be pushing for campus carry rights. Instead of watching him kill 17 people then shoot me 4 times I think I'd have rather just stand up and put a few in him after I saw him shooting the first round. Brady Campaign got to this guy VERY soon afteer his ordeal and brainwashed him bigtime. One of the Columbine victims, on the other hand, took the opposite stance. I just don't get it, these people are living in a fantasy world.

And in some schools, it's not in the classroom you'd expect to be put in a threatening situation, but on the walk to and from class. Carrying a gun on school PROPERTY is legal with a CHL, but it does you on good if you can't bring it in class. Why else would you be on school property except to go to class or inside a building on the "premises"? You wouldn't, therefore you are left defenseless not only in class, but on the walk to and from your class, and if your school is in the hood, that can be a little worrisome. I don't walk from class to my car at night on UH Campus I get dropped off cause I have to park right off the freeway.

Last edited:

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Sometimes you need to trust Lady Justice to prevail.

Lady_justice_01_by_restmlinstock.jpg

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Sometimes you need to trust Lady Justice to prevail.

Lady_justice_01_by_restmlinstock.jpg

These libtards are really f*cking this state up. I'll be perfectly honest I've never been a big fan of government, either party, but I am praying Texas stays red, and that the leftist vision of a California-like Texas is never truly realized.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    And in some schools, it's not in the classroom you'd expect to be put in a threatening situation, but on the walk to and from class. Carrying a gun on school PROPERTY is legal with a CHL, but it does you on good if you can't bring it in class. Why else would you be on school property except to go to class or inside a building on the "premises"? You wouldn't, therefore you are left defenseless not only in class, but on the walk to and from your class, and if your school is in the hood, that can be a little worrisome. I don't walk from class to my car at night on UH Campus I get dropped off cause I have to park right off the freeway.

So what's the penalty for carrying in a classroom? Is it criminal trespass like 30.06 posted sites?

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    So what's the penalty for carrying in a classroom? Is it criminal trespass like 30.06 posted sites?

No, it's a 3rd degree felony. I just don't get what they think they're achieving, unless their goal is to embolden the criminal element. When someone is already out to commit a felony, the threat of a felony weapons charge isn't going to deter them one bit. ESPECIALLY if they are on a suicide mission. The only person that is going to refrain from carrying a gun is the law abiding gun owner / CHL holder who's decided thee threat of a felony weapons charge isn't worth the risk of being able to defend your life, and just pray nothing like this ever happens to them.

The way I see it, if a zone is deemed "gun free" it needs to be HEAVILY secured. Like an airport, police station, courthouse, etc...otherwise, it is an unarmed victim and criminal free for all zone.

I just saw a news report this morning about the guy who shot another guy at Lone Star a few months back. From what I understand the guy didn't even have a permit to carry, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was already a convicted felon. They said he's charged with "aggravated assault". That's it. No carrying a gun in a gun free zone charge? And that sounded more like attempted murder to me.

Seeing that story and watching this legislation get killed makes me truly believe they just want to be able to charge someone with a felony if they are carrying their gun for DEFENSE purposes, but the real thugs keep getting slaps on the wrist. Totally ass backwards this country has become.

Last edited:

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    HB48 on floor in Senate 27 Ayes 4 Nays finally Passed

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB48
    Last Action:05/21/2013 S Passed
    Caption Version:Senate Committee Report
    Caption Text:Relating to the procedure under which a person may renew a license to carry a concealed handgun.

83(R) HB 48 - Senate Committee Report version - Bill Text
    no class needed to renew-can renew online or by mail

off to Gov Perry
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB48

Last edited:

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    on floor now

HB 3142
    (LC)
    Bell SP: Estes

Text http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...3R&Bill=HB3142

doesn't apply to renewals ( see HB 48 ABOVE-no class needed to renew)

SB 1400 being added as an amendment
    (House ran out of time to pass SB 1400)

SB 1400 PROHIBITS CITY REGULATING "OWNERSHIP" OF AIRGUNS
    The bill would amend sections of the Local Government Code to specify that a “firearm” does not include an air gun, and would provide that a municipality or a county could not adopt or enforce a regulation relating to an air gun, as defined by the provisions of the bill.
    http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/Actions.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=SB1400

HB 3142 passes on 3rd reading as amended 29 ayes, 2 nays ... House should concur with the Amendment http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=83R&Bill=HB3142

Last edited:
    Top Bottom