• ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Has anyone had any experience with one of these?

From the website "Welcome to Mech-Tech Systems Inc. website where you can learn about the world's most unique accessory for 1911 and Glock pistols. Mech-Tech manufactures a Carbine Conversion Unit (CCU), which will turn the pistol into a handy short rifle. The resulting combination operates in semi-auto mode just as the pistol and fires the same pistol ammunition. The conversion requires no modifications to the pistol and is totally reversible. The CCU is fitted with a Weaver style sight rail to which a variety of optical sighting devices may be attached. Benefits of the Mech-Tech CCU are increased accuracy, increased power (about 25%), same familiar 'feel' as the pistol, same pistol magazines, easy to use and just plain fun to shoot!..."

I was at the dentist this morning and while I'm there he got a package that he said I HAD to see. He bought one for his Glock 21. It looked well made and pretty simple to use, just take the slide off your pistol and put this on in it's place.

I have an old 1911 lower that I was thinking this might be a fun use for.

Anybody?

Mech Tech Systems, Inc.
    Hurley's Gold

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Wouldn't this be considered an SBR, or class 3?
    Why? Barrel is 16in

I think these are neat and kinda want one myself, but I haven't heard from anyone that actually has one. There are other options out there, too. If you wanted it in in 9mm or .40, you can get a Sub-2000 for about the same price as the conversion and still keep your Glock as a pistol. The conversion makes sense if you wanted a 10mm or 357sig carbine, tho. I don't think there are many(if any) out there.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I have had the opportunity to shoot one of these a couple of years ago. An older gentleman, who was a friend of the family, picked one up as a novelty, for something different to try with his old warhorse Colt. He had already tried the 6" barrel setup with a compensator and a few other conversions. WHen he picked the Mech Tech System, he found what he was looking for. He called me and said come by and look at my new creation. I was less that excited but went anyway. Once I handled and shot the gun my opinion changed dramatically. The carbine was very accurate and would go through ammo like a hot knife through butter. I went home and picked up my Wilson Combat CQB and installed it on the gun. Now that I had a much better trigger, I really got to see the carbine's accuracy potential. I had forgotten about this conversion until this threae. I am going to look for a double stack 1911 frame and when I find one, pick up this usnt and install it. Having 13-15 rounds of 45acp in a semi auto carbine setup could be the ultimate home defense weapon. Especially dressed out like the AR15. Mikey likey!!!
    QuadRail%201911%20&#.jpg

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I got to see this one live and in person at the range last night...it was wicked fun! Great shooter, open site, out to 100 yards. Not much left of a clay pidgeon set up at that distance. We thought about trying further distances, but were too lazy to walk out any further and we're too old to see much further, so we left it at that. It went through everything we threw at it ammo wise, no FTF/FTE, and just fun to shoot!

I ordered one last night, and have found a man who can make me 30rnd mags for the 1911 lower I'm putting it on.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom