• Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Good idea.

We could take photos of a meet and vector them. Or just take a photo of a meet and do some post edit work to what you're talking about. I would donate my time and collect those. I'm going to order a polarized filter for one of my lenses. That could help give us a good start for post edit.

I was kinda picturing a "generic" silhouette type, a "basic" shadow, or negative image type graphic. Similar to the cowboy and cross window sticker type graphic. I don't have the skills, software, or equipment to draw out what I'm picturing in my noggin, otherwise I'd just do it and submit for approval.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I was kinda picturing a "generic" silhouette type, a "basic" shadow, or negative image type graphic. Similar to the cowboy and cross window sticker type graphic. I don't have the skills, software, or equipment to draw out what I'm picturing in my noggin, otherwise I'd just do it and submit for approval.
    That's the effect I was talking about. I don't know if it's possible to take a photo at a meet and cleanly vector it, but it crossed my mind it would be cool if it worked.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My photoshop editing skills are old and my only experience with vector images is from turning vectors into CNC tool paths. I'm sure others on here have some good photoshop skills.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    You've more experience than I then.

But, if the pic were to be taken in black and white mode, that should do the basics though. Shouldn't it? Then just use the negative silhouette?

I'm going back to basic photography from Jr. High with this, and I haven't picked up a real camera in decades. So...

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I knew a guy at the Kansas City Art Institute who had a contract for a run of 23 color silkscreen t-shirts of an exploding Winchester shotgun shell. It was for a national trap meet. Imagine 23 colors in exact registration.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You've more experience than I then.

But, if the pic were to be taken in black and white mode, that should do the basics though. Shouldn't it? Then just use the negative silhouette?

I'm going back to basic photography from Jr. High with this, and I haven't picked up a real camera in decades. So...
    It aint about the camera as it is about post editing to get what you would want. I pretty sure my Nikon has built in filters/effects and that being one. Or monochrome.

Best thing to do is just take pictures and play around. Or take pictures and find someone on tgt that's really good at photo editing/graphic design.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You know what.....I think my camera has an art filter...That effect would make pictures look more cartoon like BUT that could be a way to transfer it to a vector or BW image that might look cool.

Top Bottom