• ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Police Issue Gift Cards Instead of Tickets | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

In Prosper, TX, police are pulling people over and giving them $10 gift certificates for driving safely. I have questions.

If they are then late for work or an appointment and lose money, will the city reimburse them?

If someone drives into their car parked on the side of the road, can they then sue the city for putting them in harms way?

If the driver is discovered to be under the influence or comitting some other crime, will the criminal get off because he was stopped without probable cause?

I think it's nice that Prosper is rewarding good drivers, but where is the money coming from and who will be responsible for the consequences in my questions? Who came up with this plan?

edit: One more scenario. Buxom blonde is pulled over and given a gift certificate. Blonde thinks she is being flirted with and files sexual harassment suit.
    Texas SOT

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Nice gesture but could get complicated. I think police should only do this in person. At the mall, home depot parking lot etc... I don't want to get pulled over even if the cop shakes my hand and compliments my window stickers.

Top Bottom