• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This should serve to be a reminder to those self-serving bastards in Congress ... all of their bickering and personal interests are costing American families dearly. They've spent so much money that the US Government is BANKRUPT.

Maybe those jihad cowboys overseas got the right idea after all ...

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Pretty sure military pay is part of the essential services that won't stop since it's national security related.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I was on a WestPac in the middle of the Persian Gulf during the last govt. shutdown (under Clinton, another democrat - imagine that). That was a major concern of us and all our troops. WE had no place to really spend any money, but a lot of the troops were worried about their families back home.
    Turns out, somebody made sure that the military still received it's pay.
    We were okay, and I suspect that they will be this time as well, in the event of another shutdown.

I won't get into what kind of "discussions" were occurring over there when we considered the possibility of not getting paid any longer.
    Deployed troops don't need to be worrying about this type of shit. Our sorry excuse for a government ought to be fuckin' ashamed of themselves!

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i got paid when i was on active duty during the last shut down

however i'm a fed employee now and could be furloughed if they dont pass a budget

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First and foremost, the DoD is operating on a separate continuing resolution that is different from the rest of the Federal budget. In short, if the current negotiations fail and the government shuts down, active duty folks still get paid.

Secondly, the issues with the Federal budget have already been extended for another three weeks...

Congress averts government shutdown with another short-term funding bill – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

As the standoff continues over funding the government for the rest of the fiscal year, both parties agreed on Friday to move ahead with a three-week stopgap bill that would cut an additional six billion dollars and avoid a potential Federal shutdown.

But the greatest irony in all this is as a buddy of mine pointed out...that the people in charge of fixing the issue--despite the fact that they are government employees--are exempt from having their paychecks cut off!

Cheers! M2

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    But the greatest irony in all this is as a buddy of mine pointed out...that the people in charge of fixing the issue--despite the fact that they are government employees--are exempt from having their paychecks cut off!

Cheers! M2
    Yup im with ya on this one, WTF?? i mean SERIOUSLY, last yrs Congress that DID NOT DO THEIR #1 PRIMARY JOB OF PASSING THE NEXT YRS BUDGET!!!!!!!!!:banghead: And their pay is secure?? I'll bet if the law/rule was changed to not get paid if a budget isnt passed would get thing changed alright!!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's pretty rare that a government stops paying the guys with guns and bombers - and still continues exist afterwards.

Just saw something the other day that said if we were all taxed at 100%, it would not pay for what the government is currently spending.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    The republican leadership is a bunch of spineless jerks. The republican leadership in house holds the pursestrings and they have no balls. I say let the government shut down. It will keep them from passing laws.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom