• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Unfortunately I’m a part of that age range, or get lumped into being part of that age range being a year short of 25. I can think of 10 guys I know that are my age or a little older who don’t work and choose not to work. Most live off of mommy and daddy’s dime, live at home, and smoke weed and drink all day. Every day I hop on Snapchat and see all these people doing different things during regular 9-5 business hours. Some are at the zoo, movies, lounging at home, getting high but none of them are at work. Not one person snapchats about how they’re at work. I sum up my generation as a total loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Hard to get a job as a white man when the ATS system weeds you out on points, just saying. A lot of people I know have given up looking for jobs. They weren't lazy they literally could not get past the automated application systems, which even though its highly illegal, assign you a points score based on demographic answers

affirmative action and quotas ESPECIALLY in the tech industry will screw you solid. My friend who is probably the best bios designer in the world was passed on an engineering promotion because of race and gender. They gave it to a black lesbian woman who had literally 0 tech experience and had never even worked in the industry.

I've applied to federal and state government economist jobs and never even been given as much as an interview. I know damn well why. Not a veteran, not a minority, and not a woman.. We're not interested.

My friend Jan is a black woman (Trump supporter QUIETLY too) applied for 8 jobs last week. Not Mcdonalds.. accounting and finance stuff.. All 8 places called her back the same day she applied online. She was offered 6 of the 8 that she interviewed for.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Unfortunately I’m a part of that age range, or get lumped into being part of that age range being a year short of 25. I can think of 10 guys I know that are my age or a little older who don’t work and choose not to work. Most live off of mommy and daddy’s dime, live at home, and smoke weed and drink all day. Every day I hop on Snapchat and see all these people doing different things during regular 9-5 business hours. Some are at the zoo, movies, lounging at home, getting high but none of them are at work. Not one person snapchats about how they’re at work. I sum up my generation as a total loss

I'd find new friends if I were you.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Hard to get a job as a white man when the ATS system weeds you out on points, just saying. A lot of people I know have given up looking for jobs. They weren't lazy they literally could not get past the automated application systems, which even though its highly illegal, assign you a points score based on demographic answers

affirmative action and quotas ESPECIALLY in the tech industry will screw you solid. My friend who is probably the best bios designer in the world was passed on an engineering promotion because of race and gender. They gave it to a black lesbian woman who had literally 0 tech experience and had never even worked in the industry.

I've applied to federal and state government economist jobs and never even been given as much as an interview. I know damn well why. Not a veteran, not a minority, and not a woman.. We're not interested.

My friend Jan is a black woman (Trump supporter QUIETLY too) applied for 8 jobs last week. Not Mcdonalds.. accounting and finance stuff.. All 8 places called her back the same day she applied online. She was offered 6 of the 8 that she interviewed for.

I went thru the same thing in the tech,finance, IT fields. Degree in finance. Couldn’t find a job. Sent out 96 applications. Of them 34 interviews. 4 offers, all insultingly low. Took a job working for a golf course as an instructor. Granted my college career wasn’t perfect like most people (less than stellar grades). Was also during the summer when many companies aren’t hiring but yes I know what you’re saying

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I went thru the same thing in the tech,finance, IT fields. Degree in finance. Couldn’t find a job. Sent out 96 applications. Of them 34 interviews. 4 offers, all insultingly low. Took a job working for a golf course as an instructor. Granted my college career wasn’t perfect like most people (less than stellar grades). Was also during the summer when many companies aren’t hiring but yes I know what you’re saying

I graduated €um (really filter? It's latin) laude. I did pretty well in school. I know why I'm not being interviewed. Fine with me, that's the way the world is, but I get a little pissy when baby boomers who had every fucking advantage in the world call my generation lazy. There are lazy people in every generation, I don't find mine to be MORE lazy than theirs, quite the opposite.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Hard to get a job as a white man when the ATS system weeds you out on points, just saying.

Stop identifying as White male. In this day and age anyone can self identify as anything. Let them tell you you to your face you are not a pre op transexual Black woman and though you might not get that job, you'd at least have income from the lawsuits you could inevitably file against the companies that don't hire you. :p

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    I graduated *** laude. I did pretty well in school. I know why I'm not being interviewed. Fine with me, that's the way the world is, but I get a little pissy when baby boomers who had every fucking advantage in the world call my generation lazy. There are lazy people in every generation, I don't find mine to be MORE lazy than theirs, quite the opposite.

I’m 24 bro. I understand exactly what you’re saying

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Stop identifying as White male. In this day and age anyone can self identify as anything. Let them tell you you to your face you are not a pre op transexual Black woman and though you might not get that job, you'd at least have income from the lawsuits you could inevitably file against the companies that don't hire you. :p

I’m 1/1024th Native American

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The guy I. The article had no education that ai saw, has worked nothing but entry level retail or fast food, is 25, has kids, and is bitching because he only made minimum wage. Maybe he should have tried a job in construction. Learn in the job, make more money.

He said his mother had to work a job she hated or become a mooch but now there is a choice. So he chose to become a mooch and get his mother to support him AND his kid(s)?

Sounds like a typical democrat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have never been unable to find a job. I may not have had much money to spend, and I may not have like the job, but I could always find one.

I have a hard time believing people who claim they can’t. Usually thy just need to lower their standards or raise their value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    "4 offers, all insultingly low."

Better low offer, than 'no' offer.

Once you get a foot in the door, you can go on to prove your worth and rise.

But, if pride or grandiosity gets in the way of getting into the job market, ok, live with Mom & Dad until they shuffle off this mortal coil and then when you're middle aged, your status will really prevent any job offers with no experience except being a couch potato..

In the future "take the damn job"!!

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll be brutally honest. With so many opportunities to work from home, choosing not to work is pure laziness in action.
    I understand. But you don't have time to work if your a "true parent." We have 3 kids... and home school. My wife can barely make a phone call. But I know that'll change the older they get. They depend on her very much right now.

Top Bottom