Mini 14 Ready for 2nd Range Trip

jack7742

Dec 18, 2008
Schertz
Today I received a 20 round mag from Ruger that was ordered on 17 December. After our first trip to the range the day after Xmas, I installed a Weigand scope mount and Bushnell 1x32 Red Dot. Following all the bowl games we'll hit the range for a second time and see what kind of accuracy we get. Grandson thinks the scope and 20 round mag do wonders for the looks.
IMG_0760.jpg

jimmy-buffett

Oct 22, 2008
I had the Ranch model of the Mini-14, the one that came with mounts for the scope rings that they provided. I never could get that gun to stay consistent, and at some point during every single range trip the Ruger provided mounts would loosen up.

The best day I ever had shooting with that rifle was the day I took the scope off and used the stock sights. I didn't even adjust them, I just popped up the back sight and put a mag through it at 50 yards.

Please post if you have better luck with your optic setup than I did. That always kinda bugged me about the rifle, almost as if it didn't want you to try to make it too serious/accurate.

Texas Patriot

Jul 17, 2008
Spring
I had the Ranch model of the Mini-14, the one that came with mounts for the scope rings that they provided. I never could get that gun to stay consistent, and at some point during every single range trip the Ruger provided mounts would loosen up.

The best day I ever had shooting with that rifle was the day I took the scope off and used the stock sights. I didn't even adjust them, I just popped up the back sight and put a mag through it at 50 yards.

Please post if you have better luck with your optic setup than I did. That always kinda bugged me about the rifle, almost as if it didn't want you to try to make it too serious/accurate.

Blue locktite on those mounting screws can help a lot of that problem. Other than that, there are a few inexpensive tricks you can do to accurize your mini to be a pleasure to shoot. I did it to mine and its one of my favorite toys now.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads