• Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    The Velocitor has always been around that price

Right, but most people aren't looking for THAT kind of ammo. :-) I get that it's been worth it historically, but I'm saying that's where the people get off the train for "any ammo" :-) Prices ARE coming down. Hopefully this is a sign of more normal prices to come.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    If you need a couple of boxes of either let me know...I have a few to spare :)
    Will be headed out your way tomorrow, maybe meet on there or back.
    Ill take any .22 lr you dont need. Only time I wont be around tomorrow is mid day. Ill actually be down by the square in mckinney for a drs appt for the kid and if you got that 30-30 let me know

Last edited:

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Velocitor = Stinger?

Stingers have a higher velocity (1640 vs, 1435fps), but the Velocitor has the heavier copper-plated HP projectile (40 gr vs 32 gr). My wife and I each purchased the maximum limit of Velocitor boxes two days ago from CCI. We're down to a couple of boxes and they work great in the LCP II and the Mark IV.

One thing to be aware of in regards to Stingers is that they have a slightly longer casing (nickel case) compared to the Mini Mags and all other rounds, main reason I prefer Velocitors

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    One thing to be aware of in regards to Stingers is that they have a slightly longer casing (nickel case) compared to the Mini Mags and all other rounds, main reason I prefer Velocitors

I've shot Stingers out of my Marlin 81 since the 70's. Taken a lot of game with those. I've seen the Velocitors, but never have bought any. I have plenty of 22LR right now, but may consider trying them out one day.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Was in the Tyler Walmart on S. Broadway this morning looking for .410 ammo. They had about a dozen 250 rd boxes of .22LR, 10 or so boxes of .300 BLK, and number of 12 box cases of 12 ga. along with odds and ends .22LR, 28 ga, etc. This is the most ammo I have seen there since December.

Top Bottom