• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I take any misfires, etc., to the local PD. I dislike trying to pull live cartridges - used to do it all the time, until a coupla years ago when I was pullin' one that had failed to load powder. About the 3rd or 4th strike with the inertia puller, the primer went "bang!".

After I got done peeling my shorts outta the bunghole an' cleanin' up in the shower, I swore that was the last time ANY round with a live primer would be in one of my inertia pullers.

Just wondering, did that destroy the inertial puller? Wondering if it blew the thing apart or what...
    ARJ Defense ad

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Aside from the lead issue, why not just throw the things in the trash? Unless they are chambered they are fairly harmless.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    @London, there's agood chance a bullet can still be set-off from heat exposure or being crushed. I'd hate to be a garbage man the day the compactor bites down on a handful of loaded cartridges. They can be just as deadly under pressure as they are in a barrel. Ultimately, if you want to destroy a round you can cut it right in two with some wire cutters. Although I would sooner pull a bullet than do that.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    They can be just as deadly under pressure as they are in a barrel.

They might be dangerous but not deadly. They are essentially firecrackers outside of a chamber. There's no way one could escape a garbage compactor.

midnightyell

Makes Aggie Jokes Reality
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    Cypress
    So here's a slight twist: I bought an ammo can of 1K Fiocchi .223 and so far have about four rounds that are crimped at various spots on the case. I'm too chicken to put them through my AR.

How do i dispose of them since it's not a case of misfire and just trying them again? should I bring 'em to range day and let Jakassh shoot 'em or can someone show me how to pull the bullets or what?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Post pics. I'm not even sure how you'd put more than one crimp on cartridge. Dented brass usually fills itself back out when reloaded and shot again; I'd imagine extra "Crimps" would do the same?

Top Bottom